A/some Questions We'd Like the God to answer.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Apr 8, 2015.

1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Just for a grin (may not be serious), I know there are a great many people (believers and non-believers here) who have a/some question/s they would love to ask the God.

I encourage you all to post your question/s here.

1st. I'll start with one of my own Que.

If star lights from other galaxies takes millions of light-years to reach us the earthians, and God created the Earth say some 6,000-10,000 years ago...why can we already see the lights?

Admn. & Mod note; If inapplicable to be posted here, please feel free to delete this thread.
    thanks,
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I would ask God why everything exists including itself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    when i look at His sloppy work in creating the world, i do not think Him worthy of conversation..

4. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    How come we are finding billion year old fossils of dinosaurs if the Earth is not that old?

Why bone cancer in children?

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I have no questions for my maker, only thanks. For every moment of doubt, pain, heartbreak and struggle, I think of the wonderful souls who have journeyed along side me.
    Their love, friendship, and sage advice has pulled me through some of the darkest moments in my existence.

So let this be My declaration of gratitude to all of those who have accepted me and chosen to be my friend. :hug2:

:The ubiquitous crazy lady MJ.

6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #6 MrMagic, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Apparently God is not allowed to interfere with humans choices or problems or anything, everything is 100% free choice

If so, why when something bad happens do we say "It's because God will not interfere", but when something good happens, "It was Gods miracle"?

Why are there so many different religions that believe 100% they are correct and everyone else is wrong? - Only one can be right - My guess, none are right

If you have survived a difficult life / had your life saved multiple times, do you say that if it was not for God, you'd be dead - yet there are millions of people / drug addicts who have ODd, fallen off buildings and survived, been in horrendous car accidents and survived, who are not believers? -

I used to believe - recently I woke up from that brainwashing my parents forced me into -

You are not allowed to question or challenge God, you are not allowed to tell him to prove his existence, but you have to love and obey him

If my parents did that to me, from a different country, I never saw them, but they barked out rules and orders, and sent me messages via BS books, and refused to ever come see me, I'd fcucking hate them not love them

He put me on this sh1thole planet, surrounded by a$$holes and morons, fighting to survive, living under the rules of power freaks, plagued with diseases and pain, refuses to come and say even hello, and he wants me to thank him for that? GTFO, there is no God, and if there is, he's not someone I want anything to do with

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    @sid_16
    Wouldn't it be a simple answer to your question: Because the stars from other galaxies you are speaking of are just older than 6,000-10,000 years? :D

@MrMagic
    I guess god's answer resides there where you have still the choice how you consider things...actually before 'you' and things are separated.
    If a tragedy is happening and people are complaining: God why have you allowed this to happen? I have to say it is their idea of god relative to their idea of themselves who seemingly has allowed this to happen.

Why is it no issue if a car becomes stolen and if it'd be your car it is? Because you are identified with your car and this illusion makes you suffering...it seems you have lost something of yourself...
    Things are kept alive as long as one is identified with. These are illusions, but that what is identifying with them is real. What is left then?

But away from my spiritual babbling..lol..I can understand you completely....I am a bit older today and when I was young I thought the same. (Not being aware that god can be anything one thinks about) in other words the issues about god / religion and stuff are man/ego made as their ideas of them are man made.

One should think about if it is possible at all to ask god a question, literally...:)...I mean where should god be (location)? Two ideas of objects god and oneself which have 'god' as cause and one asks the other a question?! :)

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    @Yen, I have believed since I was a child and my parent forced me, I left home and believed because I was still brainwashed, finally I snapped out of it, and my entire life feels 1000% better

I have prayed, asked, shouted, screamed for 'god' to show he is real, NOTHING

I took a birds eye view on religion, I decided it is for no other reason than to control citizens of that particular country (All countries have different / slightly modified religions) - and for money

Religion makes money and it controls people - it only helps the weak minded - if God was real, he would want me to believe in him, and he would answer my request to give me 1 teeny tiny signal that I am wrong. Guess what, NOTHING

And I get nothing for 35 years of belief? Not even one tiny sign? - There's no God - I feel free since I woke up, 10000000% free, when I believed, I was locked down to a life of being scared to fart, without that, free as a bird

9. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Why God why do you always gets credit for all the good stuff. (GODDIDIT) :D

If two opposing 'GAME' teams each pray for victory in the locker/dressing room before the game, do their prayers cancel each other out?:p

10. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    If aliens ever come to Earth they will probably try to convert us to whatever their religion is

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I thank you for your open words, MrMagic.
    Nobody should be forced to a belief / religion. Depending on family there are parents forcing their kids to go to church on Sundays. There is also a religion called new apostolic. Their structure is not different to a sect.

One can actually easily recognize if a belief/religion is in service of ego.
    When one promises ‘something great’ which can be only got there and only if one does this and that!!!
    This is a big issue and actually an abuse!

Let me add something of my life.... and sorry for ot in advance.....:)
    I was ‘educated’ as Christian, although my parents were not strict. They taught me how to pray before I go to sleep, but in an easy childish way. They said you can do that whenever you feel you want. Of course as a child god was to me a person who is above all humans.
    I thought: It cannot harm to pray.

Later then I also was forced to go as a christened protestant to confirmation when I was 14.
    But in puberty when the ego is developing I thought: This all sux, I’ll do that to get the money from the relatives.

Then I became scientist. ‘God’ was no subject to me….the bible a book with useless stories.

Then I started to travel…I got interest in Buddhism, the life of Buddha fascinated me. I talked to monks in Thailand….then I got interest in Tibetan culture. I visited the Dalai Lama.

If you compare the life stories of Siddhartha Gautama and Jesus then you notice that their life was characterized by suffering. In the past immense unbearable suffer was responsible for their awakening….
    Today more and more people awaken deliberately due to grace. Maybe the signs they get appear as Satori.
    Unfortunately there can be only intellectual descriptions of their phenomena, but they are far off from the original present state.

Through Buddhism I found interest / understanding in Christianity. I recognized anything at religions is in essence the same. To me science and religions can coexist, no issues.

I actually don’t like the term god it has been abused during history many times.

If ‘god’ creates suffering, then avoid ‘him’. Nobody can ask, scream, shout for god! God is no separated object. God 'appears' through devotion. It is another focus.

And one 'knows' at once without to know 'what'....it is recognized as home, source...with respect and humility, it is the simplest 'thing' that exists and includes anything....
    You see this is absurd, to talk about god makes actually no sense. :)

To come closer to god means to give up all ideas of god. Maybe this is useful, lol...and that is what makes you free now....

12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    cdj.jpg

:mj

13. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    It makes people feel better to say that, easier than thinking and trying to make sense of a bad situation
    100% right you are on that
    See my first answer above
    Sorry, but any "religion" that discourages rational thought is not worth much.
    He did come and say hello, even spent several years talking about how it would be so much better if people would just be nice to each other for a change, for that he got nailed to a tree. Unfortunately many of his followers completely misinterpret the message and go around trying to enforce their beliefs on everyone else.

14. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    in order for god to have true followers that loved him he had to do something against his will
    god created sin, he had to too give man free will to chose good or evil without any restrictions and no interference in choices that you make !!
    "why did little jimmy get killed in the auto accident because he gave the driver the choice of driving drunk or speeding"
    the price you pay in the end are based on the choices you make in the short time you spend on this earth .
    kinda like the movie dune god created the earth to train the faithful :worthy:

15. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    What you say makes sense, I was also forced into it as a child into Christianity, it has taken years of living away from parents and other religious people to work out what was happening

The way I see it, if God is real, you would naturally want to believe and follow him, it shouldn't feel like a Chore

We naturally love our parents (As long as they were not d1cks) - why would it be any different to our so called creator?

I feel much more alive and human, and much less insane talking to myself since I decided the whole thing was BS

There are many many religions and beliefs, and if you find one that improves your life, stick with it, if you are forced into one that makes you feel worse, drop it

I don't believe there is anything up there apart from space, but I do believe you can do and live however you want so long as it's hurting no-one else, so if that = religion, so be it

For me, atheism = freedom

16. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    #16 MrMagic, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Yea but he also created sickness and disease and other terrible things that he could have easily left out (If he was real)

My quote about bone cancer in children comes from Stephen Fry, see here

17. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Oh my!!! Thanks God I'm an atheist!!! Uff!!! :D

18. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    open words, indeed..
    we all have our personal experiences with religion, and the closer
    people are to my antique [babyboomer-] generation, the harder it felt to them, is my guess.
    such experiences are as a rule too personal to discuss them with any old stranger over a pot
    of beer. so look at us here now.. ;) i for one appreciate it.. i personally never felt religion as
    a burden, my parents are very liberal people. i had some christian education, i know the bible,
    and have always felt it has never had any merits, too much blood was shed in the name of God
    over the centuries, for me to see any good in any religion. Such a God deserves no respect, in
    my book, regardless of your naming him Allah, God, or anything else.. hurting no-one else is something
    that religions never learned. So; for myself. i ditched all religion eons ago. It is an ill wind that blows no good.

19. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    I agree with all your answers to my post apart from this part, we only hear that he was on Earth and talked to people from the Bible, and if we believe that part, we must believe it all -

I would love to believe there was somewhere to go after death, and that it was a perfect place, I just don't see why we need to prove ourselves to him, when he refuses to prove his existence to us

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    How could a man in history 'Jesus' ever prove 'himself'? Jesus has appeared as individual and is dead. Also Siddhartha is dead. All what's metaphoric is the point. Without access to that anything in the bible is useless. The essence of it is timeless. It is one teaching.

When I was a kid I sometimes could not fall asleep. I became aware that this, my life will have and end. And I found it cruel to have no chance to change that...perhaps this had been reason already enough to go after this....