A very weird Windwos 7 activation issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shadowless33, Jan 18, 2012.

1. shadowless33

shadowless33 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2012
    i purchase Dell XPS L502X with Windows 7 Professional x64 pre-installed and fully genuine. but my bad luck on youtube i found a key to upgrade windwos 7 professional x64 to ultimate x64 and worked. but after some days message appeared that this copy of windows is not genuine. So, i tried 100 of activators to activate the windows but not a single activator or loader working.only Windows 7 RemoveWAT 2.2.5 by Hazar worked but it did not make it genuine just removed the activation trial period.

Now, please help me in this case. i'll be very thankful to you.
    Regards.

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    When i said you need to ensure that the key yo obtained matches the certificate i was refering to "Dell" if "Dell Key was used. Sorry for the confustion :eek:

3. Death Runner II

Death Runner II MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2012
    Personally I wouldn't have messed with it at all. Windows 7 Pro is identical to ultimate, the only difference is the language packs and a few security features that you could just get a light weight third party program to do. Not worth the extra expense, or in your case the hassle. I agree with 100, try rolling back to the previous installation and start over if you wish to go to Ultimate.:biggrin:

4. shadowless33

shadowless33 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2012

i do not know how to uninstall previously installed loaders and activators.but i followed the procedure in the thread you mentioned but nothing happened . windows loader said unable to install certificate. now, i have black desktop screen with following message on bottom right corner, message is "Windwos 7 Build 7601 This copy of windwos is not genuine"

5. shadowless33

shadowless33 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2012

what is the guarantee that these keys will not be blacklisted?

6. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Here is one guarantee in life for ya: Death:D

Now, back to the question! Those keys come preloaded in many Dell machines world wide, so figure if they have to blacklist those keys, what a fit they will have in their hands. nomsayin !

Happy computing:D

7. shadowless33

shadowless33 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2012
    could not understand you what are saying please explain!

8. Valashtar

Valashtar MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2010
    The way that activators work is that they trick Windows into thinking that it's a preloaded OEM copy with an OEM serial. OEM serials are used in thousands (hundreds of thousands) of machines worldwide. So if the key was blacklisted, many legitimate users would suddenly have non-genuine copies of Windows.