A305-S6872 Windows 7 BSOD after insydeH20 update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drewniverse, May 16, 2012.

1. drewniverse

drewniverse MDL Novice

May 16, 2012
    Hi guys! I'm having issues with InsydeH20 from the Toshiba website.

This laptop has never had the BIOS updated before and Windows 7 was working. I was having troubles with the audio working on Windows 7 so I thought I would try updating the BIOS while I was installing new drivers. I used ACPI Flash BIOS version 2.10 for Satellite A305 (PSAG8U) from 1.60.

After installation, it rebooted, posted and after the Win 7 splash screen finished loading (which took a long time) it goes straight to a BSOD and immediately reboots. After doing some research a couple guys on the mod part of the forum in somebody else's thread suggested changing UEFI to compatibility mode in the BIOS / use safe mode, both which still result in another BSOD.

I also tried reinstalling a fresh copy of the OS to no avail.

After trying for a few hours I gave up and decided to try rolling back the BIOS. I was successful to rollback to 1.60 using this BIOS ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.60 for Satellite A305 (PSAGCU/PSAG8U) however it still uses the InsydeH20 uefi and I still get the windows splash screen followed by the BSOD.

If there is anything I can provide please let me know and I will supply it. Thanks in advanced for your help, guys!

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. drewniverse

drewniverse MDL Novice

May 16, 2012
    The BIOS shows the SATA controller mode is AHCI. I don't believe the error code shown in the link you provided is the same one being outputted during BSOD however it's too quick to tell because of the almost insta-reboot.

I am unable to check my registry settings because I can't get into safe mode.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Try to change it to IDE & reboot :)

5. drewniverse

drewniverse MDL Novice

May 16, 2012
    There is no IDE choice. Only AHCI and Compatibility.

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Ah!! Compatibility = IDE ;)

7. drewniverse

drewniverse MDL Novice

May 16, 2012
    Yes - like I said in my OP I tried compatibility to no avail. It actually BSODs almost immediately when the splash screen appears. When I use AHCI the splash screen takes a long time to load and then it BSODs.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hmm... then something else :g:

Actually ahci related problems are the most common issues after bios upgrade :)

9. drewniverse

drewniverse MDL Novice

May 16, 2012
    I'd be perfectly happy with my original BIOS **slaps himself for not backing up**

I can't find the original, only the insydeH20 version. I think it was phoenix but I'm not sure! The little insydeH20 logo was never there before on boot, either. So it makes me assume it wasn't using insydeH20 originally.

10. drewniverse

drewniverse MDL Novice

May 16, 2012
    I need a small bump :)

11. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011