About Pidgen....conflicting results....

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Rickkins, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Before we start, I'll freely admit that I am likely just not understanding and/or using it right, but that's what I'm trying to figure out.......

So, I open pidgen, and paste in the key I used to kms it, and it comes back 'valid'.
    However, when I search out the key (C:\Windows\System32\spp\tokens\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig-csvlk.xrm-ms) results come back 'invalid'. It's making my brain hurt.

What does it all mean...??

Thanks.

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    There is a Pidgen thread already opened by you :eek:

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i wonder if instantbird works in 8

4. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    #4 Rickkins, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    (OP)
    Yea, you're right. Crap. I should have just added to that one... but well I guess I just should have. Sorry.

I'm kinda just stuck trying to figure out what I don't know, much less what I do.

Anyhoo, I edited the title to allow it to sink into oblivion.

5. user_hidden

user_hidden MDL Expert

Dec 18, 2007
    your kms key obviously comes back invalid if checking it with an xrm-ms file that is for CSvlk since a kms key is Gvlk

6. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    It may be obvious to you, but to me... not so much.
    Would you care to elaborate...??
    Thanks.

7. Rickkins

Jul 29, 2009
    Anybody..?? Sorry for asking what may seem like dumb questions, but I'm still trying to figure out what questions to ask...

8. Jachra

Jachra MDL Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Within the xrm-ms file, there is a section called <tm:infoBin name="pkeyConfigData"> which contains a Base64 encoded information.
    If you decode that, then you can read what information the pidgenx.dll uses to determine what your key is and if it is a valid one.
    The CSVL xrm-ms file contains different information in the encoded pkeyConfigData than the non-CSVLK version. So a product key might be valid in the NON-CSVLK version based on the information in the encoded part, but not in the CSVLK version.