About reserve partition in win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stirling, Mar 16, 2011.

1. stirling

stirling MDL Junior Member

Jul 28, 2009
  2. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tahunasky

Tahunasky MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    hola que tal,

If you delete the 100mb hidden partition, and do a fresh installation of windows is will be recreated again..
    The restore partation, where you do a F10/F11 requires a much larger partation, i think my laptop had 5GB partition for that.
    I am guessing that because it was bought from a pc assembler/shop like we have in BSAS, that there will be no SLIC table in the bios, most PC motherboards/systems i have seen in BSAS are similar, so you would have to install windows then activate via the internet.

ciao

chaio

4. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    The 100 mb partition is the system reserved, it contains boot files and enables system recovery options (repair computer) to be run from the hard disk. It'll be created only if win7 is installed on an unpartitioned drive, not otherwise.

System reserved cannot factory-restore windows, that requires the OEM recovery partition which would be much bigger in size. Click Start button, type diskmgmt.msc, hit Enter. In the window that opens check if there is a recovery partition present. If it is you can run F11 or whatever button to launch recovery.

If you have a recovery partition, you can make recovery dvds which do the same thing when you boot from them.