About upgrading from Vista to Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by manymis123, May 30, 2011.

1. manymis123

manymis123 MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    Hey, I've recently got a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and I'm currently running Windows Vista. I got it because I wanted to upgrade my OS, I know I may be been able to upgrade from vista->7 using the upgrade software which Microsoft do, but I didnt want to do that.

Well, my current windows vista computer is bought from Dell and running their OEM OS. They have partition my hard-drive so I can restore if I want to.

I'm planning to do a clean/new installation of Windows 7 on the hard drive, however I still want to keep the restore part so...If I want to go back to windows vista, then I will have to install it again.

I will be backing-up all my data onto a external hard-drive so I can copy all of pictures, documents etc to the Windows 7 part.

my question is:
    How will I be able to install Windows 7 and uninstall Windows Vista, so I can still revert back to Windows Vista (OEM from Dell) in the future if I want.

Will I need to delete/reformat the windows vista partition and then install windows 7 over it??
    Will this still keep the recovery partition as I have not deleted it?

Thanks in Advance :)

2. manymis123

manymis123 MDL Novice

May 30, 2011
    thanks a lot, I should be okay doing this now