About Windows 10 Free upgrade post schedule?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yro, Mar 29, 2016.

1. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Hi guys and girls..

Does anyone knows if Microsoft has talked about what will be when the 1 year free upgrade offer ends? If a user has already upgraded but did the rollback, is he going to have the option to upgrade later the 1 year offer?

Im trying to find out informations about it because i intend to upgrade only after redstone and this will happen only after the end of the 1 year upgrade promo, but I already did the ticket thing and I already have 3 machines ready to upgrade with the hardware IDs on microsoft server side as valid machines for windows 10...

Any infos regardless it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    Get a Digital Entitlement now while you still can then it won't be an issue.

3. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    But is that confirmed by microsoft?

I already did this by authenticating my win 7 installs online, then grab the win 10 ticked and populated it online. I have the tickets backuped for future install of win10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Hope that they will postpone for 1 more year.

5. Wolfano

Wolfano MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    As Microsoft aggressively pushing Windows 10 on Windows 7/8.1 machine and they desperately need more Windows 10 machine than 7/8.1, I can figure out they will continue to offer free windows 10 upgrade after the one year period.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    GeniuneTicket.xml doesnt work past 30 days from what ive read.. if the hardware id is at ms you are ok supposedly.