About_UEFI

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by maverick_GE, May 4, 2013.

1. maverick_GE

maverick_GE MDL Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Hello buddy,

At first happy Easter all.

I be glad and others like me if any who is awared about of UEFI post here everything about it. how to use and all its specifications.

I had problems installing a windows by it, when i choose first boot dist UEFI CDDVDROM.

so, because of that i decided to post that topic here.

hope anyone will shares their knowledge about it.

tanks in advanced.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    #2 alextheg, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
    Unified Extensible Firmware Interface.

Basically this is the next generation of BIOS. It governs how your computer will operate at the hardware level, ie : it controls the input / output of your hardware. It is also used to deal with the activation of newer Windows Operating Systems. UEFI allows hardware / software manufacturers much more control over your system because it operates at low level in the operating system, kind of a bridge between Bios and the Operating System.

On newer motherboards , so called BIOS settings can be accessed on the fly throught the Operating System unlike traditional BIOS.

All that said, if you have an older motherboard then none of this applies and when installing anything like Windows you should select "non - efi" when prompted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...