absolute or unrestricted admins rights over win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by coromonadalix, Jun 19, 2010.

1. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    hi @all

noob questions,

i whant to have absolute control over my windows 7 Ultimate 64bits, i'm tired to have fight with locked folders, trying to install a file etc...

I've aplied the super admin ... net user administrator /active:yes trick, it helped for a few problems.

but now when i'm trying to install a few programs, they blocks ...

Ex: logged as an "user" with admins rights, the program cannot go further, because of locked files in Ex: c:\users\"user name"\appdata\local\temp\ ....

is there a way to redirect all the setups and temps files setups to an unlocked folder ??? im not so sure about modding registry locations ???

Can we, at the last setup commands in an OEM disc, have or setup a single user with full and unrestricted admin rights ????

thanks

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Disable UAC

3. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    oh i heard about the take ownwership options, the uac options .... but still having troubles

4. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    hi it's the temps files who lately gives me headackes ...

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Dude thats where viruses hide on my comp when I get them which isn't recently

Try malwarbytes free just to eliminate possibility of virus

6. hclarkjr

hclarkjr MDL Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. hclarkjr

hclarkjr MDL Member

Nov 18, 2007
    if he was he would not be having those troubles

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. R0H1T

R0H1T MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2010
    First of all never change ownership of important files/folders like Windows, Users or their subfolders for that matter cause a lot of them are owned by System/Trusted installer & changing their ownership will really screw your OS up e.g. you won't be able to install programs &/or services might not run that's due to the fact that the System/Trusted installer modules need access to them which is denied if you change their ownership BTW which folders did you change ownership of (if any) ?

9. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    hi @ll

i've seen and done that, but i dont know why M$ s**t decided to change the temp folders locations, since vista it became more frustrating to install things and programs.

When you check closely where the files install themselfs, it became more and more messier garbled junked ..... im checking the folder links locations in registry if i can change that.

I just whant an os who obey's me, even when i know security features like uac, admins rights etc... this computer wont go on the web, i manipulate a lot of files i had to install a uinlock files to do some of my job.

10. Nimbus2000

Nimbus2000 MDL Senior Member

May 5, 2010
    You can change the location where temp files are stored:

Open the Control Panel.

Select "System".

Click on the "Advanced system settings" link on the left side of the page.

Click on the "Environment Variables" button.

Select "TEMP" and click on the "Edit" button.

I would also edit the "TMP" variable.

If you want to change the location for all users, repeat the process in the "System variables" window.

11. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    When i install Windows i use an autounattended.xml to disable UAC, SFP, and use the administrator account as my default logon. I never have problems or get prompted for anything. This would only be usefull if you were to reinstall the OS.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ coromonadalix, what are you really asking when you say
    is this a computer at work and admin has not given you full control or access to the internet.

13. coromonadalix

Jul 21, 2009
    #15 coromonadalix, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    (OP)
    hi

It wont be acessing the web, totally isolated, that's why i whant it completly open, as an admin with full rights .... i've changed the environements variables as suggested it helped more.

I've tried to install win 7 aik and again i have some troubles, the shortcuts are not created in the user start menu grrrrrrrr .... with different programs there's always a problem, temp files, shortcuts creations, permissions etc .... ex: waik, registry watchers, antivirus, archivers like alzip and a few more.

the sfc, uac, environement variables, as been changed.

It's a brand new win7 x64 ultimate ..... workstation.

Question

With an server 2008 r2 do we have more control ??? ex : sfp / uac / program compatibility assistant all turned off ..... i whant total control.

I miss XP a lot but have to evolve ???