Accesing WindowsApps folder without risk

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SpAiK, Jan 14, 2016.

1. SpAiK

SpAiK MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2015
    Hi, I need to access Asphalt8 game folder which is into the WindowsApps folder and this one isn't accessible if you don't change the proprietary from TrustedInstaller to Admins or whatever. So the question is, what is the safest way to access that folder without risking all the other apps or messing everything up?

I must clarify that in fact I already can access that game folder directly from the running process, but I need write permissions on it.

2. cengizhan

cengizhan MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    you can access windowsapps folder without changing any permission by pressing win-x and selecting command Prompt (Admin)

3. SpAiK

SpAiK MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2015
    That way I can navigate through folders but I always get "Access denied" if I try to copy something. I've even tried RunAsTrustedInstaller utility without luck.

4. darksun1

darksun1 MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    I have the same problem. You can use a live linux distribution in pendrive to access and manage the files.

5. b0ssg

b0ssg MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2011
    hi
    run 7zip file manger as admin and browse throw manager any folder .
    you can copy or move to desktop do your editing and move back with 7zip manager. with this method. your WindowsApps folder will not get damage and folder settings will remain as original.
    backup before do any thing
    7 zip is a best unlocker for windows. if you know how to use
    good luck:eek:

6. SpAiK

SpAiK MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2015
    That's not working, if I try to unzip the files I want to copy in that folder I get "can not open output file". It looks like those WindowsApps folders are pretty much inaccessible! I'll try with a linux distro..

7. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #7 LiteOS, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Run cmd as trusedinstaller
    give ur self full access with icacls

8. SpAiK

SpAiK MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2015
    I've already tried that using trustedfix to no avail. But booting a linux distro and copying required files works, although is a pain to have to do this every time I want to access one of that folders.

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...