Accidently Deleted the Recovery Partion (100MB) - Help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LFDDatMyDigitalLife, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LFDDatMyDigitalLife

LFDDatMyDigitalLife MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    #1 LFDDatMyDigitalLife, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hi,

I accidently deleted the Windows 7 Recovery Partition or Windows 7 System Reserved Partition, that one who takes 100MB storage.
    There is a topic on it on the website : http[://]www[.]mydigitallife[.]info/2009/08/20/hack-to-remove-100-mb-system-reserved-partition-when-installing-windows-7/

Here is how I did :

I launched Command Promp on the Windows 7 DVD at the startup
    I launched DiskPart
    I executed following commands :
    Code:
    list disk

select disk 0

list partition

select partition 0

delete partition

exit

exit
    Now, I cannot boot on the hard drive anymore, but only on the Windows 7 DVD and the "Startup Repair" tools doesn't work.

I there any way to get back this small partition or to get into the installed Windows ? o_O

I want to reinstal windows but I forgot to make backups of my files so I need to get back into the installed Windows.

Thanks a lot for your help !

PS: Please, I don't speak very well english so ask for precisions if you don't understand what I mean

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. LFDDatMyDigitalLife

Aug 19, 2010
    Thank you urie, I try your solution. I will post result later ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LFDDatMyDigitalLife

Aug 19, 2010
    #4 LFDDatMyDigitalLife, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    (OP)
    I tryed 2 quick recovery solutions, "Rebuild MBR" and "Partition Recovery Wizard" for unallocated space only, but it didn't succeed.
    I'm trying now a full scan of the entire disk into the "Partition Recovery Wizard". Hope it will be good...

There is also a "Rebuild boot.ini" option, must I try ?

Is there any other solution ? Via command promp for instance ?

5. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    If you can afford it, remove the sys. partition forever by reinstalling. By sacrificing minor features, this solves a lot of problems for the future.

6. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    You might try cmd options from win7 startup disc bootsect.exe /nt60 /force The cmd options are under the other repair options on the disk.

7. LFDDatMyDigitalLife

Aug 19, 2010
    So, as expected, the Recovery Wizard didn't succeed.

It is what I intended to do when I accidently deleted the sys. partition.

Thank you, I will try !

I have to wait because I'm copying the entire partition to another drive to be shure to not loose all my data.

8. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Good idea, always better safe than sorry :)

9. LFDDatMyDigitalLife

Aug 19, 2010
    To close this subject, the command didn't work and I'm actually trying to reinstall Windows 7.

But really not lucky at this time because I get another problem :(

I will open a new topic to explain it.

Thank you for your help on this issue...