Accounts on windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jime1, Jun 22, 2015.

1. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I tried to create other user accounts on my PC with windows 8.1, but it asks for email id and all :(
    is there any way to create accounts without email id ?

currently I have only 1 active admin account, I also tried to create a guest account and it got created but I cant access it :(

Thanks in advance

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    You must create local accounts. There must be a slightly obfuscated link on that "Create account" page. Otherwise, try to add the accounts with Internet disconnected.

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yup, disconnecting from Internet does the trick LOL :cool:

4. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Alright Brothers, trying your tricks right away...:)

5. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Darn it :(
    its giving me the..

"User Profile Service service failed to sign-in.
    User Profile cannot be loaded."

..error when I click on the newly created local account..:weep:
    dunno what I missed !

6. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    #8 cuteee, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    Maybe you have problem with your windows.
    Try this :
    Open Command Prompt and run the command : sfc /scnnow
    And then try again make another account.

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yes, I know that "Sign up without a Microsoft account" button, but I wanted things easier for you lol
    Sometimes people don't see that button almost hidden by M$ on purpose :D

Now it should work, if not, do what cuteee says.

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Don't know why you guy's bother about?! Just create an new GMail Account and use that for to create an new MS Account: all done! With an MS account you've simply access to all functions!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Did the sfc /scnnow thing...
    still the error msg shows.. :(

10. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    agreed, by the time they figure it out, they could have been days into a new account.

11. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yeah.. But my point is, why to ask for an email id in the first place ?
    Windows 7 and the previous versions would create accounts without any hiccup..:eek:
    Windows 8.1 lets us create a local account but then if we cant sign in/log in to that account then whats the use ??!:(
    but why cant I sign in ? is my install corrupted ? or does it have something to do with the activation ?o_O

12. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I think you got a fubar install and need try again or something.

As far as the others not needing ID, neither does 10 but, the OS is MS's not mine, so they get to decide what they want and how they want it lol

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I do believe it had something to do with activation in some points.

On the other hand, the very few installs of W8.1 i had done without to use an e-mail and/or and MS Account, had all worked well for me and were done with no problems!

Just that it ask's you for an e-mail, looks like that you had in some moment maybe press the wrong button, use an home brew ISO/Media or anything else which were not 100% Microsoft original! It would have nothing to do with the computer you use, that's no doubt! Without to have access to your machine, I would say it's something you'd done without to realize!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. jime1

jime1 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2011
    My iso is Murph's and I used KMS Net, Did you use KMS pico ?
    I did express install....

15. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If I use KMS, I just use the KMS from my customer which is legal (even to me because of our Service Contract)! I also have all original software with Licenses!

On the other hand, I know some people who using the MTK and that works just fine for them with no problems. Other's which using various KMS Servers, have quite a bit of problems.

I think, you should make a new and clean install and if you use KMS for to activate, watch all of YOUR steps very closely! As I never used KMS Pico, I couldn't tell you anything. It could be that the problem is simply KMS related because (if I hadn't understand wrong) the problem started after windows were installed and successfully activated by KMS and you were start to add an different User Account! That you were asked for an E-Mail ID could be an reaction for to certify that the creation of that account are correct and allowed by the owner of that machine.

As I wrote, I didn't have access to your machine (and wouldn't like to have that either!) so I didn't know what really were done on it, we've only your words.