Acer 4750G BIOS Whitelist

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Chicknician, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Chicknician

Chicknician MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    I'm currently using Acer 4750G as my daily PC....
    Happy and satisfied with it....
    Currently on stock except the ram upgrade...

My Acer Aspire 4750G specs:
    Intel i5-2410M 2.3Ghz
    2GB Nvidia Geforce GT540M
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    640GB HDD
    and everything stock on the said machine...

My currrent concern is the the wireless card...
    Atheros AR5B97:
    a half size mini pci-e card capable (according to acer and atheros) of up to 300mbps...
    the first matter at hand is, i can't ever connect to 300mbps connection (Tenda W302R) successfully...
    by that I means, i have local network connection (can stream movies from and to other pc, share files and play LAN games) but no internet connection....
    The fact i found no solution forced me to connect to 150mbps wifi connection... which serve me well and flawlessly...

I'm also using wimax connection as my internet connection connected to the router....
    And so, now, for portability options, i'm planning to upgrade the said wireless card to intel centrino advanced-n wimax which basically both a wimax and wifi card...

Can someone please confirm that Acer is really not implementing BIOS whitelist concerning that I'll be voiding my remaining 19 months of warranty if I replace the said wireless card....

Another is I'm from Philippines where the wimax card is not commonly available and I'll be ordering it from ebay...

2. Chicknician

Chicknician MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2010
    seems like i have to test it on my own....
    :(