acer 5315

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by tonyrjkdavis, Jun 7, 2010.

1. tonyrjkdavis

tonyrjkdavis MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    Would anyone happen to know where I might find drivers (audio,etc) for an acer 5315 laptop which I have reloaded with XP?
    Thanks,Tony.

2. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    sure buddy, try Acers' website:D
    support.acer.com/us/en/drivers_download.aspx

i dont have twewnty posts yet, cant direct link it, haha!!

3. tonyrjkdavis

tonyrjkdavis MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    thanks for the link which I downloaded.managed to get the sound working and downloaded the bluetooth drivers but cannot seem to get the wireless connection going for some reason.Can get the icon to show that "a cable is unplugged " as if I was connecting directly to a modem but no wireless icons at all.Think I must still be missing another driver.
    Was wondering if I need to open laptop and get the model of wireless card and and try and find a driver from there.
    Any other ideas?
    Thanks,Tony.

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Look up the specs online, the drivers are probably on the ACER website also...betting realtek of some sort..Most likely you can simply pull a cover off the bottom to access the wlan card.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #5 -Jim-, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. neocastelli

neocastelli MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2011
    I want to overclock my cpu, i have acer aspire 5315 bios ver 1.45 insyde h20. can please post how to mod this bios to overclock?