Acer 5349 will not power up

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by shanadoia, Oct 27, 2012.

1. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    I have an Acer Aspire 5349-2899 and had installed a new fresh win 7 ultimate and was working great, put the laptop up for a month and went to turn it on and nothing but a slight blink on the power light on the front. I have flashed the bios, re-seated the memory remove the HDD and seated it again, everything i can think of including using a different power adapter and battery both, yet the same, only a blink on the front power light and no power up, hope someone will have a suggestion i haven't thought of, if the power socket has gone bad i don't know why it would but at this point maybe so!!
    Please help if you can. :confused:

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Take out the battery and try powering up just from the wall outlet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    I have tried this already, no good, i have re-seated the memory, pulled the HDD and re-seated it, checked every piece of hardware i can think of by powering up with and without, nothing changes...still need help please, any suggestions are welcome

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The only thing I can think of is that the board battery is dead and causing an issue. See if you can replace the board battery they are usually CR2032. There is a possibility the board is dead, and you might have to RMA it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    thanks i will change the board battery and see what happens