Acer 5735Z/5735/5335 BIOS Mod?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by OCM, Oct 3, 2010.

1. OCM

OCM MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2010
    Hello, I recently upgraded my systems specs to 4gb ram and a new processor, everything works but Windows 7 x64 (Enterprise) says i only have about 2.85gb of ram free for use. I am going to reinstall windows soon but i still want to upgrade my bios (1.08->1.10) and update the SLIC tables while i'm at it. Also, i want to be able to OC the processor and just have more features available in the BIOS.

I downloaded PBE 2.2.0.1 and the BIOS from acer's web site (support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_5735 [dot] html). Included are the WPH and ROM files, non of which can be opened with PBE (Gives invalid ROM length and No BCPs found). Phoenix Mod Tool can open the .ROM file and detects it as Phoenix BIOS (new style), so maybe this is why PBE wont read it? Mod Tool successfully injected the new SLIC tables but i havent flashed the bios yet. I still have no idea how to enable the hidden menus and what not, any ideas on that?

2. OCM

OCM MDL Novice

Oct 3, 2010
    Ok i figured it out, you NEED PBE 2.2.1.3 and open the ROM file, not the WPH then just rebuild the bios once you're done editing. I couldn't figure out how to enable the Intel menu. I replaced the bootscreen but i won't flash it since the usb pen as a crisis disk didnt appear to work :/ and i do need this laptop lol