Acer 5920G WLan on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kesper, Aug 6, 2009.

1. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just recently, whenever I start up my laptop and boot up Windows 7, my Wlan does not start up automatically. I had to press the wlan button to turn on my wlan connection to get connected to the internet.

Anyone got any idea why it is so?

Thanks

2. alasedo

alasedo MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    #2 alasedo, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    i have 5920g with moded bios successfully activated windows 7 ultimate rtm and there is not problem with any drivers.
    if i shuting down with wireless state on then after start with wireless state on, if i shuting down with wireless state off then start with state off
    i think when i press to wireless on/off buttons then notebook save state to bios, maybe you have problem with your bios ?
    lastest bios version 1.3813, there is not problem with orginal or moded latest version 1.3813 bios. you can use to moded bios.

my acer 5920g runing very fast with windows 7 ultimate rtm.
    entersting problem.

3. alasedo

alasedo MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
  4. kesper

kesper MDL Junior Member

Sep 6, 2008
    WOOT! Solved

Yeah I hate Acer Utilities.

Anyway I solved my stupid problem.

I tried several methods and at last found this stupid solution. Probably due me accidentally turning it off anyway.

=> During Windows 7 bootup, I press the wlan button once. When windows 7 bootup, WLAN STARTED. I tried shutdown and restarted=> WLAN STARTED!

I love ACER 5920G!!!