Acer AO531H Not needed Bios Mod anymore :)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Svend Rugaard, Dec 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Svend Rugaard

Svend Rugaard MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2007
    #1 Svend Rugaard, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Hello. Dont know if this is relevant or where to put it. But i was a few month ago seeking af bios mod for this Computer, and i was told by the people from here who doing a excellent work he didnt know this bios and couldnt modified it to Slic 2.1 - But here is the good news .. I have seeing the computer was supporting and ship with Windows 7 lately and believe this also could be possible for people with XP installed sometime soon , especially because it is activated with slic and not the normal XP Activation and believe this way there should be a Bios Upgrade soon.

And yes last week there was the latest bios 2.xxx cant remember the exact version but anyway i upgrade the bios, and actually i had try to install cert and Acer Ultimate Win 7 Key a few weeks before just to try. But it didnt activate. But after i installed this bios version it was actually got activated first boot after upgrade of bios and i couldnt believe it , and actually want to see if the slic dumptoolkit could read it as a slic 2.1 and it could :) So now actually "Acer" have made all the work :D .. So other have this notebook and wouldnt like me actually go 100 % Windows 7 because they dont want to lose there boot sector for the D2D recovery zone even it could be backed up before install a Bootloader .. but im not fan of bootloaders so have just going with the dual boot and install win 7 on logical disk so i didnt lose or got the bootsector modified under installation.

But install Latest Bios :

i Had installed the 3.207 Version but there was release in mid november -

This one is actually release 2 days ago , this one i havent installed so i dont know if it maybe "correct" some thing
    Code:
    http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_3310_A_A.zip?acerid=633951418081679478&Step1=Netbook&Step2=Aspire%20One&Step3=AO531h&OS=722&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_9