Acer Apire 8920G "GemStoneBlue", bricked

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kanchata, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Acer Apire 8920G "GemStoneBlue", bricked
    Hi, I need to recover the BIOS of an Acer Apire 8920G "GemStoneBlue", bricked by power faillure, i do searching many sites and help´s thread but not success on this : So i know : It is Phoenix BIos " New Style " ór so ? Please give me advise about.
    As I Know i will need to use a USB-FDD ( floppy drive ) to do it. ? It will not be with a kind of USB-Flash Drive, ThumDrive or like ?, Will be with a correct burned CD ór DVD ?, As I KNow for now the last and new one bios update file from Acer Support Downloads is BIOS_Acer_1.16_A_A ?, What about i read BIOS PLATFORM ID ?, WHAT ABOUT BIOS FILE NAME for recovering process ?, I´ve got from Electronic´s site support a file called : AS8920G Model LE1 BIOS V1.16 6050A2184601-MB-A02.bin, i do not try any with it, only have for see what to do, and it correspond to Mainboard Laptop Sign Name Labeled : 6050A2184601-MB-A02, My laptop power up, light, seen maybe is getting to read anythings on there, HDD, ODD, USB-FDD, Pen, but not more it does until i leave long time started. PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP, Thanks in Advance.
    Kanchata

2. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Hi, I write as power faillure when i doing bios updating. Thanks for your quickly

3. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    And i doing searching about how i get it recovered to normal status. Thanks

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    OK, it was more than a simple power failure, it was an interrupted BIOS update and yeah that can be a real mess. But, my comment about getting the BIOS from the Acer site still stands. You might want to contact Acer and see what they have to say.

5. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks soo much, i´ve contacted they and here is what they do for now as support : if you get and go to the acer site ones like global or place country ones to see what you can get as help from it u will get dissmissed too much, the 4 ways they have is starting at the point where you need to provide the serial number ID " SN/ID : 22 caracters upper case letters and numbers that i have as right as result they got You are OUT WARRANTY, and way stop to see any more like support ór help, and only there is a like support forum where you will see but not much to read, is too short of things. The way u get there is to be to service the laptop at any repair shop or something like. But it is not for me. A least i feel they will say ( i know mine can do bios recovery only dont know how to ) if the laptop can get recovered from bios mess, but not. A time ago, " I do some job´s with differents ones ", i asked same thing on a more old laptop of another brand (Toshiba ) and they replied quickly that laptop does not support bios recovery.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #7 PhaseDoubt, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Call Acer on the telephone. If you know your model supports BIOS recovery then call them and talk to a tech. No website help function is going to deal with your problem; they're not designed to walk you through serious damage repair. At best you get simple questions answered and can download updates and drivers. But that's about it.

If your computer is out of warranty, and you need serious damage repair, I doubt Acer is going to do that for free. But if BIOS recovery is all you need, they might. You have to call and ask to find out for sure.

Bricked computers are not totally rare. Maybe someone here can offer better advice than I can since your problem is well past anything I can do.

7. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Thanks PhaseDoubt, i was get your point and look about phone number on here to contact Acer support call and i can say they are incredibles, very great success, i tell everything about the thing as i do with all kind of details and you like to know what i have after long times 3, 4, 5 calls i do ? Nothing, they only say about the recovery process when laptop stay like new, acer recovery discs ALT-F10 and so on, nothing can say about BIOS BOOT BLOCK Recovery proccess on this one. INCREDIBLE

8. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Sometimes an old warhorse won't get up when you kick it because it really is dead.

9. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    Hello, as i know i already make all its and not success and now i want to ask about other thing : maybe is any wrong about i do all this of preparing the rescue files at WINDOWS 7 Ultimate 64 bits machine, while maybe software dont like that? related to flash app´s, disk maker´s so on ? Thanks

10. Kanchata

Kanchata MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2012
    #11 Kanchata, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    (OP)
    Hi, for thosses who´s try to help me, THANKS A LOTS, until i dont get really throught its but help favours are Wellcome ever. As we can see about my laptop, it is one of the made like wrong stuff by the branch´s, please maybe yours dont get exact mind s about what i said, it The Acer Aspire 8920G-6A3G25BN that is a victim of they and ofcourse me, it a middle up expensive laptop, weigh one but beauty and with a lot of perfomance to bring on it, now i leave the things and come to say what i have for now with :
    last night after some attemps, i a bit tired and try one more thing.
    I fixed with CRISDISK to make again one more floppy to use with the external USB-FDD, but what i do is, unzipped CRISDISK to at the root disk partition and without a folder C:\somefiles, unzipped the first release of the bios for this laptop and copy it to the same location of CRISDISK, i´ve deleted the included one BIOS.WPH (sample) and renamed mine as it bios.wph, fired up WINCRIS, was made the thing on the floppy, i moved it to the Acer laptop, without battery, power cord plugged, ofcourse all of this on the laptop without a screen where i can see how will go, i´ve : >plugged the floppy on it, plugged the battery and the power cord, i´ve tik at time FN + ESC and push down power button ( i can say that the keyborad seems to not work or light , but really when you tik keys system get what you input ), i seen as same other times but now i tried and leave all this up for long time ( im tired and want to have rest on my bed ), Now at the morning when im able come back to see what is on, removed everything´s on here, shutdown the power, take out the floppy, battery and everything on it, take back to power it, with battery, HDD and OOD ( this ones are empty, no files, no system, nothing on its, does the things i made early and only want to check if the laptop come to read anythings,( here is not screen to see anythings ) i fired up and seen it is reading over the storadge is plugged and lighting the propers led´s, all synthoms seen is good, i open the ODD bay and put a Linux Firewall System DVD copy that start up without any intervention and SUCCESS, it is loading everything form the DVD, now i need to made about the VGA card bios to get it to work, but again, THANKS a LOT.
    Kanchata

I need and not glad about, i need to say here that after some inquiries to Acer´s Branch with the ways they provide ( mail to spain acer´s support, mail to europe acer´s support, calls to to spain acer´s support, some paper´s, guides, and so on from Acer Branch maker )
    I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT.