Acer Aspire 4752G Failed BIOS Flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Atomice, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Atomice

Atomice MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    Hello Everyone.

I have an Acer Aspire 4752G Laptop (Intel Core i3-2370M, nVidia GT610M, RAM 2GB) which unable to boot after a failed BIOS flash, the power is on, but there's no display on the screen. I was trying to install the latest BIOS version from Acer BIOS_Acer_2.15_A_A (Version 2.15), strangely enough I recalled that my existing BIOS is 2.19 version, so I use Phoenix UEFI WinFlash tool included with 2.15 download and flash the 2.15 BIOS, it went fine and without any errors, and after the laptop restarted, it won't go to POST screen. :(

I've read a couple of information on the internet about this problem, and tried using CRISISDISK with different BIOS versions, renaming the BIOS to BIOS.WPH, use the fn + esc method but no luck, the flash drive would flash four times, but I think the flashing process never starts because the laptop won't turn off by itself even if i let it turned on overnight.

I've also tried the Insyde method, using the base BIOS version (2.10) and the latest (2.15) by putting the JE40210.ROM and JE40210.FD (Renamed from the .ROM file) so there two files inside a FAT32/FAT formatted USB flash drive, and then perform the fn + esc method, I believe this method has failed too.

I've read in Notebook Review forum about a BIOS.CAP file to boot temporarily into OS so we can reflash BIOS from the OS. However, I've haven't managed to find the BIOS.CAP anywhere, the links are dead. :(

Please let me know if you guys have a solution or suggestions for this issue, Thank you very much in advance :)

2. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Hi Atomice, Is that your Acer Aspire 4752G, similar with Mine Aspire V5-471G-53314G50MASS with Nvidia GT610M
    so that's all i have Might be I could help you.
    Please Replies.
    Regards
    ismethere

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Atomice

Atomice MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    I'm not sure if they are similar, from what I saw at the Acer website, the processor are different. What do you have in mind? I'm open for any suggestions. :D

Btw, I'm also from Indonesia. :)

4. Atomice

Atomice MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    Hello guys, really need your help for this issue, thanks. :)

5. Atomice

Atomice MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    Please everyone, I really appreciate your help for this problem, thanks in advance. :)

6. meeedo0o0o

meeedo0o0o MDL Novice

Jun 13, 2021
    Hello everyone, did anybody solve this problem?