acer aspire 5520 recovery

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dbdb, Apr 10, 2010.

1. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Hi,
    i have formatted this laptop, I did not know the hidden partition :(
    lap is not mine ,with 7 install disck I saw the hidden partition, but just trying to give drivers, not on the disk management, is not there!

I can't install OS, the machine was original whit vista pro x86, but before formatting was whit xp installed
    how do I install an OS to deliver it to the owner?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    if you look at the partition wizard you can either download the program and make a bootable cd or there is bootable cd you can download from the site.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Also why do you need vista x86 pro ITA edition and version will do just add language pack.

6. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #6 dbdb, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    (OP)
    yes i have seen there is a bootable one , Thank, but can't see the the x partition!!!, and the merge option is not on basic bootable version :(
    i have deleted the partition, but 7 still wirew the boot (x) disck, whit a oem install i think is the same or i am wrong?
    and where can find a vista version?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    what vista version? every time you touch the drive you screw your chances of recovey probably to late now. You will need to get hold of a full version of say EASEUS Partition Master or Partition Wizard Professional Edition. you say you have done bios mods so surley you can make a vista OEM SLP dvd if not just admit defeat and as owner for vista dvd If they have one. I would jave though if you are working with peoples machines you would at least have decent disk tools kicking about.

8. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #8 dbdb, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
    (OP)

edit you can make a vista OEM SLP dvd

the problem is: 7 say the HDD can't boot, XP install and then can't boot,
    if i make OEM SLP of vista( dwl right now), HOW this can access the hyden partition where mbr is????

uhm... i'm not sure i have understand everything, english is not my lenguage
    i'm new to acer laptop As I said,
    and i have formated whit xp, xp was installed,
    on bios there is not a hdd, after install tentative of xp,
    now after rewrite mbr, whit the tool you suggested the bios see a hdd
    the recovery option still not work, an on bios under psw tab there is a HDD 0 PSW frozen.
    partition wizzard find a partition of 52,X MB lost/deleted but 7 install disck can see inside
    partition magic not!
    OK sorry, my fault, first time whit a acer aspire laptop, if i know of this i have never formatted,
    but i have :(.
    Now there is a way to install a OS, if yes which?

ps someone after me on this lap HAVE put XP.

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    partiton magic not compatible with vista or windows 7 partitions
    so now you have installed xp but need to make is OEM SLP check out oembios files section in xp section. download oembios.exe and run that.

10. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    no sorry for my bad english was installed xp, the xp i have formatted,
    stuck whitout OS

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Your confused one minute you say your installing xp so i point you to OEM versions of XP, Now you are saying machine came with vista yes of course make vista oem dvd.

13. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #14 dbdb, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
    (OP)
    whel now i'm disperated i have tried install oem vista but the same of 7 can't install on this HDD hardware problem check your bios ...blablabla...
    removed the HDD and conect on desktop, there is not partition on there, but when install whit vista/7 i look for a drive called boot(X:) for a drive letter C: and for dvd unity, whit label of dvd installation...
    now what is this boot(X:) drive?????
    Whit the descktop i have tried to convert to dynamic the HDD, put on laptop and now don't see a disk at all.......
    what is this partition i look from install dvd and where is????
    desperate.....:(
    What can I do? please!

EDIT boot x drive is a virtual partition for installation,
    i 'm pretty sure the problem is the HDD, i can't wipe it at 2% the pc goes on crash
    whit a new one and a oem dvd for acer i can solved, or on this stupid acer laptop
    you can not change hdd or what??
    i never buy a laptop i hate it

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  15. dbdb

dbdb MDL Junior Member

Aug 22, 2009
  16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Don't ever think you wasted my time everyone is here to help, at the end of the day you say hard drive is damaged, so you would never have got it sorted, not your fault.

17. Mack541

Mack541 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2012
    The previous owner of this laptop had an unregistered version of vista home and many virusrs/corrupted data. So I installed avast to remove the problems but still ran super slow. So I tried to install my copy of xp pro since I have a disc with drivers for this machine. The computer wouldn't allow me to downgrade even by booting from cd so I used the hard drive as an external in another computer and formatted to remove previous os. Now when it asks to press any key to boot from cd and I do as it says the message (checking hardware configuration) comes up for a second then disappears. The screen stays blank forever afterwards. Any ideas?

18. sologg

sologg MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2012

Try again and then you will solve it.