ACER ASPIRE 5536G P Button

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by drowsy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. drowsy

drowsy MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    I have an ACER ASPIRE 5536G notebook, as you may know, it has a P button on the top right, its used to launch the LAUNCH MANAGER. I have the feeling it used to light up when I first bought the notebook but since reinstalling the OS, its not lighting up.

Am I mistaken? How do I light it ? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Sounds like a missing driver to me. Perhaps an enhanced keyboard driver, cheque the Acer website.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. drowsy

drowsy MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Thats the problem, ACER website don't have anything. They really s*ck, no help, no support no nothing!

Would really appriciate if someone would point me to a POSSIBLE problem, I have Windows 7 32 Bit.

4. drowsy

drowsy MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Can someone help me out please?? The 'P' button which is used to launch the launch manager applications used to light up with a blue led, can someone help me get the correct drivers, cause it's not working anymore since I installed Windows 7 32bit.

I have a launch manager which works in windows 7 but the led is not lighting up.

HELP ME PLEASE

5. AleksanderII

AleksanderII MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Acer aspire 5536g p b

I have the opportunity to buy a new Acer Aspire 5517 for only 300 but I want to be sure it will work with Mint. One poster said everything worked but the wireless. Does anyone know about the wireless cardbroadcom in this model and if it will work?

thanks