Acer Aspire 5720G - Advanced BIOS Menu

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by JoseW, Mar 7, 2011.

1. JoseW

JoseW MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    Hoping someone can help me here. I need to disable ACPI on my laptop. It has the Insyde BIOS, rev 3.0. I've re-flashed the BIOS with the modded revision as in the modded thread (V1.45, 2.1 SLIC) but this has not worked. I presume the mod was to allow OEM installation of operating systems.

I want to use the laptop as a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). I'm currently getting undesirable DPC causing 5ms delay which is interfering with my soundcards audio streaming.

The laptop is running Windows 7 Professional. I've already disabled unused devices and services in device manager, but there are several ACPI devices that cannot be turned of in Windows.

2. JoseW

JoseW MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2011
    The Windows 7 ACPI drivers for this laptop are badly written, much more so than in XP. I have installed a copy of XP SP3 on a separate partition and done the same as in the previous post and have no DPC spikes.

3. Oery

Oery MDL Junior Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Are you sure audio delay caused by ACPI ?
    I make several FM Broadcast Audio Processor PCs, also need ASIO for low-latency audio stream.
    Unfortunately, never succeded with Win7, and go back to XP :(
    All Win7 audio-management-services (Windows Audio, Windows Audio Endpoint, etc.) make me nuts !