Acer Aspire 5750 - Unable to find out what files to copy for flashing the BIOS

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by P30Carl, May 21, 2012.

1. P30Carl

P30Carl MDL Novice

May 21, 2012
    Hi,
    2 days ago my acer 5750 started to slow down, and when I shut it down after that, it won't boot up.
    In my searches, I've found that the problem could be somewhat from the BIOS. So decided to download the latest BIOS version (currently 1.20) and going through this instruction [threads/13095-Undocumented-INSYDE-BIOS-recovery-method-Use-andy-s-tool-to-obtain-possible-names], tried to flash the BIOS using a formatted HP usb flash drive.
    Though I copied the P5WE0120.fd file 19 times with different names to the flash usb drive, no activity is seen from it.
    When I hold Fn+Esc, and then power on the laptop, fans begin to spin faster than normal, but usb flash drive doesn't do anything.
    Can anyone explain what file should I copy to the usb flash drive? (There are two fd files in downloaded BIOS file; Windows and DOS).
    Thanks in advance.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. P30Carl

P30Carl MDL Novice

May 21, 2012
    Thanks for your reply.

I did exactly like you said. I'm trying with the latest BIOS version (ver 1.20). this file: global-download.acer. com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.20_A_A.zip
    But there's no difference. The result is the same for every method I've tested:
    When I hold Fn+Esc, and then power on the laptop, fans begin to spin faster than normal, but usb flash drive doesn't do anything. It just light up the led on it for that period of time.

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try older version.. try 1 ram stick at a time.. take out hdd and dvd.
    press power button when the flashin begins.

5. P30Carl

P30Carl MDL Novice

May 21, 2012
    I followed the procedure with a 512MB usb stick; but it's led didn't even light up.
    I copied the fd file to a CD and the result didn't change. After about 6 seconds of highspeed fan spin, laptop shut down; No matter what I do.

6. P30Carl

P30Carl MDL Novice

May 21, 2012
    Does anyone know what will happen for a dead Acer, when there are no bootable device (usb flash drive, usb floppy drive, cd, etc.) connected to the laptop and whilst you hold fn+esc combination, then attach the cord and power on the laptop?
    I wanna know if my laptop is receiving any signals or not?

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #7 LatinMcG, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    try 1 memory stick at a time. i think theres a fault in hardware.

or try usb spi programmer .. or buy preprogrammed in ebay