Acer Aspire 7750G Insyde Bios Recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Shuriken, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Shuriken

Shuriken MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2012
    #1 Shuriken, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
    Hello Guys this is my first Post after reading several threads here seems like a nice place.
    My Notebook is an Acer Aspire 7750G.

What originally happened ???

- I have downloaded a modded bios A_A_7750_P5WE0117_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe from here bios-mods.com (under insyde)
    - i flashed it worked and then i set ide graphics to Enable (in the modded bios)
    -
    Im unable to boot normaly in Windows The Notebook keeps restarting after 5 seconds ( infinite boot loop) unable to get to windows or the bios only in Recoverymode it stays on with the FAN-Speed at MAX

The goal was to be able to choose between onboard graphics and the graphic card i know it was stupid now *facepalm*

Mission Bios Recovery

- I used Andys Tool to find out the name for the FD file and put it on a USB (The same files with several other names also as stated in the insyde bios recovery thread)
    - Used the FN+ESC Method
    - The USB light is showing for 2 secs and then nothing is happening ..

Questions

1 - Does that mean he didn't find the right file on the usb?
    2 - Since it lighted up i assume it has been read?
    3 - What might be the right filename otherwise?

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. Shuriken

Shuriken MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2012
    Thanks for your suggestions! : )

- i did like you said and i also created the fd by myself using dos commands both fd files didn't work.
    - The crisis disk just gave me an empty usb I thought its because it's only for Phoenix bioses?.

So far no luck for me i only got one 16gb maxflash usb 3.0 drive.
    It's lighting up in Crisis Mode (FN +ESC) but then nothing.
    I assume it should be read by the notebook and then shutdown, wasn't the case so far tho o_O

Could it be because the USB 3.0 usb?

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    empty ? strange.. make it in xp also use sandisk 2.0 (sandisk has worked for me on many laptop models)
    after disk is made.. then u copy the files. disk might be empty cause hidden System files.
    i dont think it needs crisis disk..
    says copy the file Bios.fd only

5. Shuriken

Shuriken MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2012
    No luck so far i think the same as you insyde bios only needs the right bios file with the right name for recovery

I tried with a bootable USB anyways well no luck. With another version of the win cris programm i managed to do it. Showed up as floppy ( Fat formatted ) again unsuccessful :(

6. Shuriken

Shuriken MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2012
    New /Last updates
    - Removed both rams put in different slots.
    - Used CMOS Jumper
    - Removed cmos battery completely (bios settings should always revert on every boot)

No sign of a change
    If the complete Ram is removed it doesn't bootloop but stays on
    Well i tried it : )

Thanks for your Suggestions on solving the problem LatinMcG

7. Ayato1986

Ayato1986 MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2012
    #7 Ayato1986, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Hi, I've exactly same error
    I've tried removed all, flash with USB (2gb in FAT and FAT32) on USB2.2 and 3.0 port and I tried to burn CD.
    Nothing work... I've with 4 différents name for the BIOS :
    P5WE0.bin
    P5WE0.fd
    P5WE0x64.bin
    P5WE0x64.fd

When it start I can see disk drive work (with or without cd) and the USB seem to no work because I never see any light...
    have you another idea ?

8. Trucker MK

Trucker MK MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2012
    #8 Trucker MK, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    I had the same problem. None of things i tried worked. A user at InsanelyMac (nai22) repaired my Laptop. Maybe You can contact him at InsanelyMac.
    I cant post links, search for "6650M Graphics Enabler / DSDT", you'll find him at page 4