Acer Aspire AS7739G-6647 Nvidia driver not installing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Veder, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    #1 Veder, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Hi Guys,

So I have an Acer Aspire 17" AS7739G-6647 Which runs the Optimus Technology on a Geforce GT520M and the onboard Intel GPU.
    I have reinstalled my operating system which is Windows 7 64bit and now it runs solely off the inter card the nvidia shows as a standard vga graphics.
    Also in device manager the standard vga graphics shows are "this device is unable to start"Code 10.
    I have got the manufactures acer drivers as well as the nvidia drivers for this card and both come to the same error message
    "Graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware"

I wanted to disable the intel in the bios to see if thsi would work but Acer have a very limited bios and no options to change hardware.
    Any one have this problem or even more so does anyone know how to fix it??

Thanks & regards
    Ruairi

Attached Files:

2. jet29

jet29 MDL Member

Aug 8, 2009
    #2 jet29, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    I have had a similar problem where the win 7 and the correct drivers were not loading properly and making system crash after a lot of messing about (work arounds and trying different things) i have had to use some older drivers from xp and forced through the loading ie. it says this version is not made for your win 7, just ignore and load anyways and i have got my driver working at the higher resolution, it is still a little flaky and video jitters sometimes but i have got my max res for screen. I think its the nvidia drivers clashing with files in windows etc. Do google for the different workarounds with nvidia driver problems etc.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    In bios, look for any entry named 'Optimus'. If found, then just enable it.

4. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
  5. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Tried the latest from acers website and the latest from nvidia and neither work.

As for the bios on this acer its very simplfied and I cant enable it cause there is no option.

When I go device manager and click on the vga device which is the graphic card it showing me "This Device cannot start"

Thanks again for the replies dien to get this fixed and lucky I found MDL forums !!!

6. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Hey Acrsn

Thanks for the reply, the bios as i said is very simplified im wondering is it OEM style to lock out the info, ill post what I can confuigure so people can see what I mean.
    Trying to uninstall now and reboot.

Thansk Ruairi

7. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    So i tried to uninstall and detect with nvidia auto detect nothing.
    my bios as i said is simplified have attached the pic Please help !!!!!

Attached Files:

8. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    For tonight guys I am giving it a break its a total wreck head and thank you so much for the help
    Acrsn I will look more into your post and reply tomorrow thanks again so much for your input, Its ridicules its this complex
    cant believe acer put such a restriction on the bios.

Any how planning to dress up as it is Halloween and drink till i make sence of this switchable graphics.
    Hope ye all have a good night happy Halloween

9. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    So still nothing really to report, Have viewed allot of different posts and resolutions in regards to this.
    Most comman resolution for people with this error is to rewrite the NVAC.inf file in nvidia drivers to add your gpu hard ware id then Nvidia would detect it once you try to install again. For allot of people inclueding me this still wont work.

It is all down to the Nvidia Optimus Technology, Basically you have your GPU and an onboard enviro friendly card thats good for battery life and more power friendly, So by default its trying to run the graphic process on the enviro card and the user can set when to use the GPU for me it will be games :)
    But with this setup im assuming its relitivly new as so many people have the onboard card block out the standalone.
    Which has been a work around for many also to disable the onboard card in the bios reboot and the standalone card should now be detected by the drivers.

I have got onto acer in regards to this, so hopefully I can add another resolution to this problem, Total heartake

10. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    So acers final outcome and this is with out trying anything is to send me a recovery disk its free cause im still under the month since purchase.
    But dam annoying only thing they wanted was to try install the drivers no trouble shooting to try enable it.
    All in all a massive heartake that still is not resolved and requires more efford.
    Thanks all for your replies !!

11. squee666

squee666 MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2009
    got to laptopvideo2go.com

get there latest driver inf

it adds many unsupported devices to the nvidia drivers
    should make your optimus device show

12. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    @ Squee666 Thanks so much for the reply that website looks good Ill try it as soon as im home from work and let you know the outcome.

13. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    @ Squee666 your a f**king legendmy friend cant belive your a novice on this site !!! So happy woooo hoooo and im also getting a free OEM windows disk from acer ha ha !

14. light.speed

light.speed MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2011
    Hello everybody , Here is the fix for Acer aspire 5742G Nvidia GT 520M Driver, I test it and it work fine, problem solved :)

update: pff I cant post links Im new :( anyone can repost it
    guruht dot com/2011/11/acer-aspire-nvidia-gt-520m-graphics.html

15. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Any idea of the same website as laptopvideo2go.com but for AMD Radeon cards