Acer Aspire One AOD250 / D250 BIOS Recovery (Bricked, Dead, Blank Screen)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by XP1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. XP1

XP1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2008
  2. XP1

XP1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2008
  3. serials

serials MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    Help

Hi I am new to the forum and I have this same problem with a D250 I want to know if he could solve the problem and thanks in advance

4. XP1

XP1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Your words won't be helpful unless you describe the problem. If the problem is unrelated to this thread, you should start a new thread.

5. serials

serials MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    thanks for the prompt reply, my problem is exactly the same as that in the first post, I tried these same solcuines no results, the bad thing is that I never blink the green light is not flashing the Bios

6. XP1

XP1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2008
    #6 XP1, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
    (OP)
    Some people recommend 1GB or less USB flash drives. Did you remove the battery? Someone else recommended to remove the battery first.

If you tried everything and the BIOS doesn't flash the file, maybe the hardware has problems. Did you check the RAM to make sure it works? First, make sure you are grounded or have anti-static, and make sure you hold the RAM by its sides. Don't touch the components or the pins. Check to make sure the RAM isn't loose. If you still have a problem, try cleaning the pins gently with using a cleaning solution, such as cleaning alcohol, and a cotton swab. If you don't have those, you can use an eraser. Some people recommend a natural, gum, or white vinyl eraser. You can use a pink pencil eraser, but some people do not recommend this because of the acids in it.

7. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    You can't really brick a Acer. ;)
    So to resume all you thread, it was a bad inserted ram module since the begining... nice. Prolly due a bump or something in the refurbished process. Personally I don't like refurbished stuff. :p

8. serials

serials MDL Novice

Nov 2, 2010
    I understand that it is clear that what happened can happen to anyone, thanks for the help, I'll try this solution, and my progress will be commented

9. 3l1t3

3l1t3 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2011
    Here is a trick I have used for the Black screen issue on a few of these things. Put a SD card into the port and then try to reboot.99% of the machines will boot and run properly while the card is in it.I have even used a dummy Fullsize SD card that you put the micro ones into without the micro and it worked.You just end up leaving the SD card in em for the rest of its life.Bios flashing didn't work in my case either. Let me know if this helps any of you Black screen people.

10. XP1

XP1 MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Nice trick. I didn't know that. Did you found that out yourself?

11. 3l1t3

3l1t3 MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2011
    Yeah after tinkering with everything on it,i figured out that this worked.Have done it to a few for people.lol Only costs a few bucks for a cheap SD card.And I had a ton of micro SD fullsize adapters laying around so I have just been using those and giving them to the people I fixed em for.Nobody has had any issues since.

12. gtsim

gtsim MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2011
    Hello 3l1t3!
    I have the exact same problem with my aspire one d150 as XP1 described on the first post. I have tried everything XP1 says but nothing happens, 1) remove battery; 2) hold [FN] + [ESC]; 3) insert power cable; 4) notice a single orange light blink once on power; 5) press power button; 6) release [FN] + [ESC]; 7) the netbook just sits there with its LED power light off but fans still on.
    I cleaned the ram and the ram slot but still nothing. About the SD card now, is it empty or do I have to store something in it first? And do I just put it in the SD card and click power or do I press any other keys too?
    Thanks in advance!

13. russ4231

russ4231 MDL Novice

Jan 31, 2011
    Acer Aspire One d250-1417 also bricked

I did all the recommendations of reflashing the bios but my netbook will not function when I setup a pen drive to Fat add 2 files changing one of the names , hold the fn and the ESC key and press the power button on. The power button is suppose to flash green and read the pen drive. It will not flash and it will only turn green when I release the power button and still only a quick flash from my pen drive then nothing. I cleaned the ram and tried to add a sd card but to no avail. I checked the output to another screen and still nothing the hd is not running and no output from the bios. This unit has no cd rom drive also. the bios I downloaded is for a AOD 250 and my unit says Aspire one D250-1417 and was running sys 7 starter. I tried all combos with the battery also. Any ideas? I might pull the unit apart and check on the internal battery and reset that and check all connections.

14. Doomsmythe

Doomsmythe MDL Novice

Feb 3, 2011
    Okay, I have this model and have had weird issues with it. Managed to flash the BIOS in this recovery method sucessfully once. Then it went back to a black screen. Redid the fix, and now it won't power on or post at all. Any tips? I have soldered a new BIOS battery to the board also.

15. shinji

shinji MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2009
    I've also had this happen. In my case it was my fault since I was working on it internally (replacing wireless adapter). When I reassembled it sometimes the cable doesn't get back in the right way and causes this same issue to occur. If you are brave it may be worth it to check to make sure the ribbon cables are seated well.

16. badazzmofojoe

badazzmofojoe MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2011
    I am having somewhat of a different problem if someone could help me. The computer will boot up, come to the acer bios (insyde) splash screen and then freeze. If I press F2 fast enough, it will say please wait... but then freezes. Have taken the whole netbook apart to try and remove the CMOS battery but now I find out it is soldered on; un-removable. There are no jumpers to clear the CMOS either... What to do next? If I take out the memory, it will just give me the black screen, so I don't think it is memory. CPU? BIOS? I have tried all versions of the acer bios as well, with no success in any of them. If you can help that would be great.

17. quid

quid MDL Addicted

Oct 22, 2010
  18. wixia

wixia MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2011
    Hello everyone. I as well have a dead D250.

I can't get the crisis flash mode to work. I have a USB stick with a 64 MB FAT partition and I have the KAV60.fd and FLAs**t.EXE it. When I hold Fn+Esc and connect the power cord I get that short orange flash. I then start the computer and the fans spin up. The problem is that I really can't get the computer to access the USB stick. I get no activity from the LED on the stick.

In the service manual they talk about that wincris.exe program but the only thing I can find is a program that requires you to have a floppy which I don't have. On the other hand, according to many people out there it should be enough with a freshly formatted USB stick containing the flas**t and the bios file.

I have tried to clean the RAM and I have reset the CMOS but it still won't work. Any other ideas? Would be a real waste to throw away an almost brand new computer ...

Thanks in advance!
    Regards

19. scotchrocks

scotchrocks MDL Novice

May 19, 2011
    clearing the CMOS jumper worked for me, thank you so much

20. emir_im

emir_im MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2011
    Please anyone can help me ?!?!?!?!
    I have Acer Aspire one AOD 150 and I try to flash it from Windows 7 with wrong flash fine i guess. During this process computer stuck and i plug off power cable and battery.
    After that i can not start anything. No leds powering on or fans.
    I tray to use acer crisis procedure and i have made USB stick with all fines on it as described.
    When i plug power cable in PC i see only for 1 second, one blink USB power led and nothing after that.
    I press Fn +Esc + Power, nothing happens. No power led, no fans on.
    Before this, PC was working normally without any problem.
    Do i have to replace MB???