Acer Aspire T180 won't boot up past "verifying DMI data pool

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Ev1lM0nk3y, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Ev1lM0nk3y

Ev1lM0nk3y MDL Senior Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Hi my Acer Aspire T180 won't boot up past "verifying DMI data pool" and the Pheonix bios recovery pressing win + b doesnt make it boot any ideas

thanks

2. Ev1lM0nk3y

Jun 7, 2007
    #2 Ev1lM0nk3y, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    (OP)
    Its been on the "verifying DMI data pool" screen for 4 hours now and no change.
    time for the bin i think

3. Ev1lM0nk3y

Jun 7, 2007
    Does anyone know of anywhere i can buy a pre flashed replacement bios chip in the UK

4. Ev1lM0nk3y

Jun 7, 2007
    I contacted Acer about this and this is the response i got

Dear colin watson,

To solve your issue, please follow the instructions given below:

Hello, Thank you for contacting Acer. Regarding your enquiry, As the unit is Out of Warranty, if you want the unit to be repaired, you have to pay for the courier charges and then the repair charges. There will be a £51.99 charge taken from you before your machine is brought in for repair. You will then be given courier details so that you may arrange collection of your machine for shipment to our repair centre. Once received in the repair centre it will undergo assessment by one of our technicians. They will draw up a written proposal for you containing full details pertaining to your repair. This will be sent to you by post giving you ten days to respond. Once you have received the proposal you have the option to reject it, which means the £51.99 will cover the engineer and couriers fees, and the machine will be returned to you un-repaired. After ten days, if your proposal is not signed and returned to us by fax or post the repair is defaulted as rejected, your machine is not repaired, and shipped back to you. We can not give estimates of repair costs, under any circumstances, without the machine being diagnosed by an Acer technician. If you would like to book your machine in for an assessment please let us know and we will make the necessary arrangements. Regards Acer Technical Support Team Please contact us for further information. Please do not reply to this e-mail. Your e-mail will not be answered. If you require a response please e-mail our support team on the address below. Please contact us if you wish to repair your unit in our Repair Centre. Opening Times Mon – Fri 09:00 to 17:30 Tel: 0870 853 1000 Fax: 0870 853 1004 Email: euro_mail@acer-euro.com

Regards,
    Acer Support.

It is going to the motheboard heaven

5. nailzuk

nailzuk MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    you didnt uncheck boot block protect in bios before flashing, this is common on the acer t180 boards, taking the battery out overnight has been known to fix in some cases, in others its a new mobo or replacement bios chip, good luck.

6. Pepezz77

Pepezz77 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2012
    [h=2]Buy new chip![/h]
    Hello. Before, sorry for my english.;) I had a same problem. PC won't boot after bios update. Yes, bios boot block protect was enabled..:confused: ..I tried to solve this problem, but without success.. I found (BIOSFLASH.COM) and bought new bios chip. Only about 13$ with a transport!! With new bios chip PC work perfect!! Again, very sorry for my english..:eek:

Bye Pepezz.​