ACER Aspire V3-571G restarts suddenly

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by DaveJoker, Apr 7, 2013.

1. DaveJoker

DaveJoker MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #1 DaveJoker, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    Hello

I have an Acer Aspire V3-571G-53216G50Makk.

As some program I use usually are not 100% compatible with Windows 8, I tried to format and put windows 7.

When I installed windows 7, the computer started to heat up and shut down too ...
    I was convinced that the problem was the BIOS. So I updated it from v2.04 to version 2.13.

I did not notice any difference and the computer continues to shut down. I had only to open a game for 30min.

I went back to change the BIOS to UEFI type and installed again windows 8.

With windows 8 computer already accelerates the fan and he does not turn off so many times.

As the UEFI BIOS type is recommended for windows 8, that have logic ...

However I still find that the computer does not work well.
    If I play something for 1hour, some times the computer shuts off and sometimes not.

The computer shuts down and after 2-3 seconds, it automatically turns on.

I think this is very strange ...

The fan speeds up a little, but she never arrives at full speed!

So I thought it was a problem in the version of BIOS and I have tried all the ways to replace the original version, v2.04.

Unfortunately, without success!

I no longer know what to do ...

You are my hope, given the vast experience you have.

Actual BIOS version - 2.13:
    h**p://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.13_A_A.zip?acerid=634950419479639493&Step1=Notebook,%20Ultrabook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20V3-571G&OS=8cn1&LC=pt&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_21

Original BIOS version - 2.04:
    h**p://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.04_A_A.zip?acerid=634846811372439768&Step1=Notebook,%20Ultrabook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%20V3-571G&OS=8cn1&LC=pt&BC=Acer&SC=EMEA_21

RMN: Q5MV1

Please help me!

I am very grateful for any help!

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Your machine has a problem. I don't believe it has to do with any of your OSes of any kind. Perhaps a hardware issue or any strange settings in your bios. Go to default in any way and try to do a new setup.

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Acer Aspire V3-571G

G means it has dedicated graphic card installed. The problem you are mentioning is related to over-heat of your laptop after extensive use of graphic card, e.g., games...as you have mentioned yourself. I have faced such situation with my previous notebook (Dell Inspiron N5110, Nvidia 525M). Solutions are:

1. Check for latest BIOS update. Latest BIOS usually also update graphic card firmware to solve random problems.
    2. Use Laptop Cooler for ventilation. Active cooling by using cooler with builtin fan is preferred and should keep your laptop & battery in good condition. Don't forget to clean laptop cooler often if you are residing in dusty area.
    3. Keep your Windows power plan at 'Balanced' to keep hardware at optimum settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tgquan67

tgquan67 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    My acer 5750, even without a dedicated graphics card, still suffered that problem: automatically shutdown and then start again. My friend at a computer fixing service said that some acer machines have a problem with a GPU-related chipset (he didn't tell me which), and some line of acer aspire have higher faulty rate than others. I tried upgrade bios, change OS, but the problem is still there, and it happen at random interval when the laptop is not even hot (I think it happen when you do some specific things with GPU).
    You should try to send it back to acer service and hope that they can fix that (or replace your latop :D)

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If the machine is still under warranty, I would go to the next Acer Service Center.

In any case, I would every ½year go to some service for to clean the inside Fan and machine from dust if you couldn't do on your own.

Also, as the Fan takes the air in from bottom of the machine, be sure that those air intake isn't blocked and free. You may also could use an 3.party apps for to control the Fan Speed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    That's the problem!
    I can not send to ACER Service because I changed the BIOS and I do not have the original backup :(.

Murphy ruin my life....

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    If you updated the bios to a newer version, warranty is not affected

8. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    But I have also the original backup. o_O

9. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    The computer restarts suddenly again.

Windows has no monitoring "program" that tells me what made restart the computer?

This time it was not hot .... on the contrary. I was just surfing the internet.

Can it be a problem for drivers?

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Bad drivers always can cause a lot of trouble so check with manufacturer's site for latest issues. This also does not interfere with warranty!!

11. im bored

im bored MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
  12. tgquan67

tgquan67 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    If it was a driver error, there must be a BSOD dump or at lease something in event log. But in my case I'm sure there was none of those. I think this must be a hardware error.
    Btw, try BlueScreenView or Event Log to see if there is any BSOD in your case

13. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Funny enough,I've seen comparable behavior under Linux Mint,which I traced back to the open source GPU driver,which was always running full-bore and overheated A LOT. So,I have to agree with Paul,you and the others that the OP should reinstall all drivers present at the laptop's support page(or in the case of the GPU driver - from NVIDIA directly) as a way to eliminate a software problem. The other thing he can do is to clean up the laptop's vents using compressed air or a vacuum cleaner(I know,that's a bit of a brute-force approach) along all intake and exhaust vents.

14. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    Thanks to all of you.

Yesterday I managed to download the BIOS version to 2.04. I spent a month trying, but finally got it.

Yesterday I noticed big differences! I will continue another week and see what happens.

I hope the problem is resolved.

h**p://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/daviddmmartins/DSC_0587_zps3c372b0d.jpg

This is a great forum!

15. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    This is normal?

h**p://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/daviddmmartins/temp-3_zps94d46886.png

16. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Which part? The battery icon or the 80+ degrees showed by speedfan?

17. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    #17 DaveJoker, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    (OP)
    The very high temperature with only 10 minutes of play.

The temperature of the two cores is always different.

I had no battery connected.

18. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Ah,ok then :) The temperature differential isn't really something to be concerned about - the spread isn't too big to be a hardware problem and can possibly be explained by Turbo Boost or even just the CPU load.
    Btw - the battery might actually be one of the contributing factors for the reboots you were having for one of two reasons
    1st - when under load,the laptop might actually exceed the max power supplied by the battery charger (I've seen it happen on several Sony and Fuji machines). Usually that goes unnoticed,because the battery handles the excess demand ;)
    2nd - power grid failures,if for some reason there's a voltage drop in the grid even for a second it can cause the machine to reboot

19. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    My son has the same laptop. It had a restarting problem until I opened it up and found that the heat sink was covered in dust. I removed the heat sink and cleaned it and applied new heat sink compound to both parts of the heat sink where is comes in contact with the CPU and GPU. There is only one heat sink that covers both the GPU and CPU. That corrected the restart problem for about 6 months, then it came back. So I opened it up again to find that two fan blades where missing. Did not check the fan on the first time I opened it up to be honest. Found out that they did have a problem with the fans so replaced the fan and no more problems.

Got a question of my own about this laptop. The WiFi seem to be weak, it was like that from day one. Future shop checked it and said it was normal for this unit.
    Has anyone else had that problem. If you are about 15ft from the transmitter the signal shows only 3 bars and if you move another 5 ft it drops to one bar. On my HP DV 9600 I can be about 60ft from the base and still get 2 or 3 bars.

20. DaveJoker

Apr 6, 2013
    #20 DaveJoker, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    (OP)