Acer Empowering Technology

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by trickzjen23, Dec 5, 2009.

1. trickzjen23

trickzjen23 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    I successfully installed windows 7 with FRESH INSALL. Before I was able to use Empowering Technology on my laptop. Is it possible to install this to my new Windows 7? I can't do the reformat thing using alt+f10 since I do the fresh install. I want to get back my Acer Empowering Technology also, By using alt+f10 I should able to reformat my PC without using any cd's please help thx!

2. myline

myline MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    #2 myline, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009

Try acer.comu may find it what you are looking for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. T_RJ

T_RJ MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2008
    Any one out there have a ax1301?
    If so perhaps they would be so kind as to open the recovery partition and copy the contents to an iso. Or even just an "Acronis" image of the recovery partition.
    With that we could extract the new version of empowering technology for installation on upgraded Windows 7 machines. I am tempted to buy an AX1301 and image the drive and then return it just to have a copy of the recovery partition.

4. T_RJ

T_RJ MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2008
    Not for Windows 7

5. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    There is no Empowering Technology for windows 7, just Acer eRecovery Management and Acer ePower Management (on laptops) seems to be included

6. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Oops, sorry I was posting way faster than reading on the acer hp.

7. T_RJ

T_RJ MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2008
    Can't find Acer eRecovery Management for windows 7 any where.
    I still would like to get an image of the ax1301 recovery partition.
    The ax3200, ax1200, ax1300 and the ax1301 are all pretty much the same.
    The ax1301 is the only shipping windows 7 desktop form acer that I can find.
    It would be nice to have a ax1301 recovery image partition.

8. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    #11 FreeStyler, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  9. T_RJ

T_RJ MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2008
    Thank you!!!

Anyone have an ax1301?

10. zacz

zacz MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    Hi everyone
    and specially Trickzjen23
    im facing th same problem !!!
    i installed windows 7 32bit on my acer aspire 5920G (after formatting my C drive, Not updating). Wel, i had fewer files(pictures,documents etc) protected by Acer Empowering technology (PSD, encrypt and all those). Since i have installed windows 7, all those files related to vista+the acer empowering techno, are GONE now but i still have my files(pictures, documents) but when i open the file, it doesnt show anything, yet it weighs 7 or 8 GB.
    The question from everyone is,
    1- Does acer have empowering technology for win 7 (esp 32 bit) ???
    2- If NOT, how can i retrieve my (pictures n documents) ???
    3- Where can i find it ???
    4 - Links plzzzz !
    5- Is there a way to crack that file or somthing ???

To u (trickzjen23), How did u solve dis s**t, champ???

THANX ALOT in advance
    P.s: i have no backup of anything, i got that protected file back on a usb somehow (which doesnt show me anything inside but still have space of 8GB)

11. hasina

hasina MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2010
    No, nothing will happen to you laptop if you uninstall it, except the empowering button won't do anything anymore.

Apparently it tweaks your system to perform better, but I have never noticed anything.

12. bedrock

bedrock MDL Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I've had an Acer Aspire 4920G since they first came out here, and since my very first re-install I have never bothered with the 'Empowering' software, but from memory it's not as bad as some vendors bloatware

13. sofatiger51

sofatiger51 MDL Senior Member

Mar 3, 2010
    I have Acer Travelmate 5620 OEM Windows Vista 7 Home Premium and I also lost Acer D2D under Acer e-Empowering or e-Recovery after switching to Windows 7 in clean install. Is there a big difference between Windows 7 & Windows Vista?
    If Acer e-Recovery or e-Empowering works in Vista, should not it also work in Windows 7? I never attempted to restore Acer e-Technology. With Freestyler link, I will try it today and see it myself.