ACER extensa 5620-4801 (5620z) mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by impireui, Apr 2, 2010.

1. impireui

impireui MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    Ok so Ill start off by saying this forum is awesome thank everyone here for all the time and dedication that has been put into it.

So now on with the questions I would like to request a bios mod and I know this isnt the place for that so I will not do that here.I have an acer extensa 5620z I booted into bios and checked the version it says v1.4 (phoenix) but I go to the acer website and the only thing I can find for my model is v1.5 it seems like it probably an upgrade but I dont know so what Im wondering is if I request a mod which version should I use and where might I find V1.4 if I need to use that one?I'm running windows 7 and mac osx leaopard dual booting if that matters.I hope Ive given enough information if not please reply and I will give more details as soon as possible.
    Thanks again
    Imp

2. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    impireui,

My take is if you are going to flash the bios anyway after it's Modded, you should go with the latest version available. Most OEMs (companies) only issue updated Bios to solve a known problem. A lot "weasel" that you should only flash your bios if you have a problem, but that's because a lot of users do not follow instructions on flashing very well. I've flashed lots of boxes and never had an issue, but I still have a back up plan in case of failure. Even so there is always some risk regardless.

By the way I own an Acer Extensa 5630 - originally supplied with both Vista 32 (I hated it) and XP Pro. Now it's running Win 7 Ultimate 64 flawlessly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. impireui

impireui MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    so should i just post the link to the newer bios and reflash with the modded one or should i update it first and then reflash with the modded one?

4. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I'd post the latest Bios and then flash the Modded one when available. If the Search Function was working here (at least I can't get it to work anymore) you could probably already find it as I remember there was a post about it when I was Modding the 5630.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. impireui

impireui MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2010
    awesome thanks for the help