Acer iconia w3-810

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Aden Tengoku, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Aden Tengoku

Aden Tengoku MDL Junior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Hi i have acer iconia w3-810 which obviously is a windows tablet the problem is that i forgot my Bios super advisor password please help me with this problem i have been trying to remember the password over a month :wallhead:and no luck:death:

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Check with your Acer Service they could set back the BIOS to default settings. That would delete any password of the BIOS!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Aden Tengoku

Aug 28, 2013
    my country is not supported:(

4. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    reset acer tablet bios password

Copy/paste this into Google - pick one of the results that fit your situation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm not sure some of the following will work? May give it a try:

1.: if you origin password were 4 digits, try 0000 or 0423 (thise are master passwords for services used by Acer for various devices);

2.: if you you know how to open the Tablet, open it and disconnect the Main Battery and, if available also the Clock/BIOS Backup Battery and shorten the connector pin for to fully discharge the mainboard (used for to hard-reset the BIOS).

Still if possible, go to the next Acer Service Outlet or use to call and/or contact to the Support of Acer because they'll ask you for an prove of ownership of your tablet.

Remeber ALL WHAT YOU DO IS ON YOUR OWN RISK!

6. Aden Tengoku

Aug 28, 2013
    #6 Aden Tengoku, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    (OP)
    thank you all
    i tried your ways except opening it because i'm going to sell the tablet soon
    i have found a little hole next to sd reader inside it there is button i read that it can be used to reset the bios...

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That I would only try if I'm 100% sure it does!! Mainly those Reset Button are for to reset the OS and apps to their "virgin" state!

8. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Virgin -factory reset-will work in his case ,lol

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not really sure about that! Maybe for the RT but the Windows 8 version!! Problem is that the BOIS's of that 2 are different! And the password in question is located in the BIOS while in the ARM (RT) is in system!

Again, I'me really not sure about that and that's why I would contact Acer Support directly. Was only talking to an friend who's working by Acer Thailand. According top him, Acer use an extra Battery for the BIOS of the Intel Tablet while the RT didn't has that! Abd the Windows RT is ARM based while Windows 8 Tablet Intel based!

10. Aden Tengoku

Aug 28, 2013
    tried it and it did almost nothing when its off it turns it on.... i guess it does reset the original windows 8 but i deleted it and reinstalled fresh win8.1 :tea: