Acer REVO RL-80 BIOS help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by DarnRevo, Sep 6, 2014.

1. DarnRevo

DarnRevo MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    Hi Guys

I bought an ACER Revo RL-80 *no optical drive* (cant post link sadly)

Second hand, with no OS installed. The intention being to quickly chuck windows 7 on and live happily ever after.

No! It seems im being prevented in making it genuine (windows Loader) by all this SLIC nonsence.

So I read the SLIC mod thread on here, found a modded BIOS (post #48110 Award & AMI Bios mod requests.)
    Tried to flash to it, no joy. Updated the BIOS to the ACER official version that match's the modded one linked above. Success. Now I want to flash from P11-A4-A (official) to P11-A4 (modded).

Im getting error 18 - unable to start a secure flash session

I'm using AFUWINGUI.exe to flash, doing it from DOS is punching a little over me weight if im honest.

---------------------------------------

I would greatly appreacite some one walking me through getting a SLIC 2.1 BIOS on this little POS before I launch it out of the closest open window.

Thanks

2. DarnRevo

DarnRevo MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2014
    Thanks for the reply

I've already found a modded SLIC 2.1 BIOS on this great site (although I cant confirm it works yet)

(post #48110 Award & AMI Bios mod requests.)

My problem is I seem to be unable to flash the BIOS at all since I updated it to the latest official version. '18 - unable to start secure flash session'