Acer Windows 7 OEM

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Veder, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    So I have a new Acer Laptop and though I had got a disk to let me clear the Hard drive to reinstall
    But I was wrong didnt accept the windows key as it was not OEM and now have empty Hard Drive:confused:

My main goal is to put Windows and Ubuntu on the hard drive so I plan to install windows and give it like 150gig partition, Partition like 30 for Ubuntu and the rest as a storage area.

So hoping that some one can advise or link me how to rebuild a windows disk with the OEM stuff for acer on it.

As well as any ubuntu users with windows any tips with the way I plan to install the 2 os side by side.

Thanks
    Ruairi

2. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    I have got the OEM source from the forum post ( Oem Sources Folder Project )
    So more sohow do I rebuild the package with this so my lappy accepts it with the OEM Key i have on the laptop.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Well, does ur lappy come pre-installed with Windows 7??

5. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    It did Tito, But I had a windows disk ready and deleted the hard drive to do a fresh install
    Thanks for the reply by the way

6. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    #7 Veder, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    (OP)
    Ya freestyler I dont like OEM esp on Acer they load so much s**te on it,
    Just want to have the official windows cd key as its less hasstle with updates and what not

7. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Should be a windows 7 sticker on the side or bottom of computer with your real legal serial number(25 digits) You can get a windows 7 download from this site. It will activate.

8. mattjame

mattjame MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2011
    nightmare oem

9. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    @Uffbros Ya I know, But installing it has to be on an OEM disk of windows 7 Tito provided me a link to create a multi OEM one

@Mattjame I hate OEM !!! but sweet pick !

10. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    CoA key on bottom may require telephone activation.

Easiest solution is Daz loader. On computers with the proper BIOS bits (like your Acer) it won't even install the loader but just the appropriate key and certificate for Windows. I did that on an MSI computer of mine.

With most prebuilts with "recovery partition" there's usually an option to make restore disks... which will include all the bloat.

For dual booting your best option is to install Windows first then install Linux as Windows won't detect or respect Linux bootloader code, while Linux installers will usually configure Grub with the option to boot into Windows.

11. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    If I usw the Daz boot loader then its pirated and I could have problems with updates right ?
    Gonna read more on it but only experience is using Daz when I have un official os on my pc

12. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    Lucky Veder :D
    Two replies to his question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Hmm ok sounds perfect but last question, this laptop is blank no os on it at the moment, How do I create a disk with the daz loader in it ?

15. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
  16. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #17 bludgard, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    You can make the call to MS for activation with any COA. Be prepared to waste 3-5 hours. I did it with the wifes laptop - twice. And on many more machines besides. After checking keys and comparing it to documents here on MDL; and seeing that they did in fact match, I decided to forego the call and have an assist. It's all coo-laid.

Edit: Wifes rig is an ACER. Windows 7

17. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Hey Mohamed !!

Thank so much for the replies, Didnt get a chance to burn the DVD yesterday over work, but have 2 questions if ye guys dont mind.

1) is that I noticed on the OEM files I downloaded there is the acer file I copy to sources and then you have the folder for the theme right
    Now just wondering if I copy the acer oem file and say alienware theme folder will it run as acer oem and bring the alienware theme on with the install ?

2) second question is about building the multi oem disk
    so loading it windows home on power iso
    I download the oem file and go to the AOI-WIn7-Dvd-Activation{incl Daz loader) folder copy the OEM file over to the source folder on the iso and then delete ei.cfg (Is there a way to rebuild this or is it just bruning it does it?)
    3) Burn and boot from cd.
    (also trow in the step for adding the alienware theme if any one knows. Would love to have the theme.

18. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    #19 mohamedkamel, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  19. Veder

Veder MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    Ha ha the entire OEM folder ?? That mean I could use this on all the manufactures folders thats in the fodler ???
    I have to try getting alienware into it hee hee Prob easyer to just copy them over the acer pictures its a sweet idea I love acer but alienware got the better logo for sure !