Acer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by azrul, Feb 4, 2009.

1. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    im using aspire 4935 with 3gb ram and 250 hdd.
    its the latest in the market i think.bought it for malaysian money 2259.
    its my first laptop.still new in in this computer stuff.even the 3gb ram also i dont know what its mean,what i know is, it is for speed.
    anyone out there using an acer laptop?
    want to start a thread for acer user so we can share info about anything like the problem usually happen with acer n how to solve it.upgrade that can optimize the performance,stuff like that.

2. izh34

izh34 MDL Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Wow...3Gb ram...sure kinda ok for me if you use it optimumly. You just need to know what ram is before you play with it....Just to make it simple....ram is like a study table...you put things like books, school bags and etc and this things are the program that running in your computer. The bigger the ram, the bigger your study table is...more like that la....So if you are like much in playing games that requires more than 1G ram, it suits you. But if you just on the typing, might waste your money on it.

3. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    i see..do u know what does it mean by mount?

4. HMonk

HMonk MDL Addicted

Nov 3, 2008
    Google

Azrul,

You will find that your questions are more likely to be answered quicker if you search Google. Terms like RAM and mount are fairly quickly found.

Mount (mapping), in a Windows operating system, usually refers to partitions/drives. Essentially what it means is that the data are indexed/located on the partition so that they can be accessed (for read/write) by the operating system.

Monk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I am a Acer User.
    Speaking from experience their systems are getting better in quality yet still value for money.
    Personally I maintain a blog detailing Acer Systems and tricks and tweaks I know.

6. azrul

azrul MDL Junior Member

Feb 2, 2009
    may i know what is your blog?

7. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Link to my blog