Acronis Help

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by mikeypsquared, Dec 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mikeypsquared

mikeypsquared MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    I've looked all over Google, but i don't think think what i may be asking is possible

I prefer the software acronis true image over Ghost. Yes i own my legal legit copy. But is lacking a major feature i can't deal without. Similar to Norton Ghost with Ghost explorer.

Ghost typically creates .gho files, and ghost explorer can open this, and selectively extract certain files. This is the function i am looking for, to be able to not restore the whole ghost image, but just certain files.

Yes i am aware Acronis true image once installed on a windows machine, can open .tib images as a normal explorer windows within windows. However it isn't portable. So this means to machines i carry over the proper files, i would have to install Acronis true image suit over, install. Is there any way to open these .TIB files, and use some kind of portable executable to open this?

2. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    To my knowledge, there is no way to open a tib file and extract files from it other than from within Windows with ATI installed.

As far as I know the only thing you can do with tib images, is convert them to other HD image types. IE.. they can be converted to VMware HD images. "just info, as I don't think that will help you."

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    if you are using latest version of acronis you can save you backup as a zip file not just tib that way you can view and extract.

4. Analyz3r

Analyz3r MDL Junior Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I personally use Acronis Home and Enterprise Echo Server @ home.

When i create .tib files, if i want to open them i simply have to double click on them and i can recover single files, replace them etc...

The prerogative is to have acronis installed on the machine where you want to open the .tib file.

5. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Thanks for that info. lol, I didn't know that.. Well it's time to upgrade..:eek:

6. mikeypsquared

mikeypsquared MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2009
    Thank you! I did not know this or use the latest version.