Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office (formerly Acronis True Image) activation

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nova-s, Aug 23, 2014.

1. nova-s

nova-s MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2010
    @Atari800XL
    tried your short howto from above but no success, going to send you another PM...

2. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    @nova-s, just when I thought there was (once again) no interest in this "portable" PE version of Acronis, I saw your PM. You have convinced me that you REALLY want to know how to do it :)
    Please have some patience, I will send you all info by PM.

3. nova-s

nova-s MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2010
  4. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Yes, nova-s wanted to know how to use the Acronis tools in "any" PE in a "semi-portable" manner.
    But please note that the "launcher" batch file included in his upload is the not the same as the version I use. Unfortunately, my .ahk code is not in a "shareable" form (not enough error-checking, etc.) so kudos to nova-s for taking an interest in this anyway, and for cooking something up to be shared.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @nova-s , @Atari800XL have any of you checked out the third party tools on Acronis True Image ? i,e, MVP_ATI_PE_BUILDER

6. nova-s

nova-s MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2010
    no, i haven't
    target was to have TI and DD running on an already existing PE and not to mess with ADK and so on...

7. skyteddy

skyteddy MDL Senior Member

Dec 22, 2009
    @Atari800XL: Thank you very much for the detailed description.

Where I can find 1) 2) and 3)? And ....

I think, I should download the ZipFile created by nova-s?

Thanks to both of you! When I have time, I take a closer look at it. At the moment, I can't see any advantage...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. nova-s

nova-s MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2010
    the advantage is:
    if standard linux system does not work on your actual hardware, there is a good chance that a PE version will
    also it's very small to be kept when using PE anyway...

9. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Also, the advantages of making this "portable" are: (1) No PE rebuild needed when there are new Acronis releases (2) Can be stored "anywhere" and does not necessarily need to be on the PE boot device (3) etc. (Google it, "portable vs installed").
    After all, this still is a tech forum, isn't it, so it couldn't hurt to have the info available if and when anybody needs it?
    One more thing: Disk imagers like Drive Snapshot and Terabyte Image are basically just single .exe programs that run as a portable as well, so why not "force" Acronis to behave a bit more like that, too.

10. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    #750 skyteddy, Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Could it be, that you never used the "Acronis Media Builder"?

One way to start the "Acronis Media Builder": Acronis True Image -> Tools -> Rescue Media Builder

Now you have tons of possibilities to create a bootmedium. the simples two:

Acronis Media Builder -> Simple -> e.g. ISO-file or WIM-file or USB-stick
    ==> creates a AcronisBootablePEMedia.iso (WinPE-Based!)

Acronis Media Builder -> Advanced -> Linux-based media -> ISO-file or USB-stick
    ==> creates a AcronisBootableMedia.iso (Linux-based!)

this two ISOs are all what I need for all types of computer!

If you want to add e.g view drivers or do special things, you can do this too:

Code:
    Acronis Media Builder -> Advanced -> WinPE-based media -> [ ] WinRE (you need nothing additional)  ->  ISO-file or WIM-file or USB-Stick
                                                              [ ] Win 8.x+10 (Download Windows ADK)
                                                              [ ] Win7 (Download Windows AIK)

Sorry, but I don't see any advantage of your handwork. And if you have Acronis Disc Director installed too, it will included in the Acronis Bootable Meedia too!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    Sure, at least you have to exchange all Acronis-files.

If I want to do this, I prefer a network boot ;)

I know the difference ;-)

Sure, but not every way gets you to your destination faster. Effort versus result

This is not really true. They need DLLs too, if there are not hard-linked. Acronis need a lot of DLLs too! 20-30 files?

The only difference I see is, that all Acronis-files included (registry-)settings packed in one boot.wim in the AcronisBootablePEMedia.iso. I can't see a disadvantage! It works pretty fine. Multilingual!

Or in other words again: I still don't see any advantage in your handwork, sorry!

12. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    So we're supposed to have a huge discussion about this now? Why? Just take the info or leave it.
    Drive Snapshot and Terabyte Image for Windows are single exe files (at least the core imagers are), they run in PE without extra dependencies.
    No need to discuss further here, it's all OffTopic now. Info like this is available on other PE-related forums.

13. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    I want to learn where is the (big?) advantage of your solution. Til now, I don't see any advantage, sorry.

Please keep cool!

... with all neccecary DLL-files linked/buildin in the exe! If Acronis want to do this too, it's would be very easy.

We talk about Acronis and PE, this was the starting point. Your solution need PE and many Acronis-files, a script to do this and that.

14. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    @skyteddy, Why would I want to build another winpe specifically for arconis? Build another for Terabyte? If there's a way to make it portable then bonus - I can just add it to the tools of my existing winpe.
    Also, @Atari800XL is correct, tools like Terabyte only need the .exe to run & don't need the dll's.
    I have 1 usb key that I can diag, image & do installs from. Portable apps are awesome!

15. skyteddy

Dec 22, 2009
    If you want to build a MultiTool-WinPE-Stick, than you can do this, but this was not the goal. The question was, how I can create a WinPE boot-media with Acronis! And I don't need to go to all that trouble for that.

Where did I write that it wasn't true? If you want to bring Acronis on WinPE, you have at least one exe-file and ~20-30 dll-Files, because this dll-files are NOT build in in one Exe, like other tools!

This was not the goal here! the goal was to create a WinPE only with Acronis. In my mind the Acronis Media Builder is the fastest and easiest way to create it. if you want to build a MultiTool-WinPE-Stick you can use the collection from nova-s and Atari800XL. But if you use this stick only for Acronis, there is no advantage.

16. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    Aah, now I see where the confusion comes from. My goal was just to help out nova-s, after he asked me about this stuff by PM.

Oh, and this post by same:
    Now back to the topic of Acronis True Image activation...

17. nova-s

nova-s MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2010
    ok, just to leave a statement also:

18. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Hello.
    Someone had a link to the last disk director server ??????
    Thanks

19. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #759 LostED, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  20. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Thanks for your help (this is why i love MDLF community) :clap:
    :clap::clap::clap: