Activate 8.1 Enterprise using MAK or KMS key for Win 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by thecrater, Sep 25, 2013.

1. thecrater

thecrater MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2013
    Hi
    I have access to my company's MAK and KMS keys for Win 8 enterprise. Is there a way to activate Win 8.1 using these keys?

Thanks in advance

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No they released new keys for Enterprise 8.1 Maybe trough the update on 17th October

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thecrater

thecrater MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2013
    Thanks for that. I don't know what's wrong with Microsoft. They are increasingly alienating and frustrating their customers. In the past we had access to the latest version of Windows 2 months before it's official release. I do not see any logical reasons for why they are being very strict about the "8.1 Service pack"

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I agree on that it is indeed frustrating how microsoft is dealing with the 8.1 upgrade :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    LOL - 8.1 is not service pack :) it is the advanced edition of Windows 8. I have already discussed this many times here. To answer your question - you should have a active agreement Select Plus / Enterprise / Open Value / SPLA may be Open License (but it should include Windows 8.1 w/ SA). Then you should be able to get your Windows 8.1 keys but you have to wait for the Downloads untill next month probably close to October 18.

Cheers

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe even some days more!

MS Thailand in formed our customers that they will START on October 18 to deliver the new Product Keys as well as the required Apps and information for the new KMS Activation.

7. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    #7 Smorgan, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    Well its hard to say its not a service pack for the following reasons:

Updated Kernel to 6.3
    Version number skip from the usual 9201 to 9600
    Also added features to metro
    And a few slipped in features here and there

It has all the hallmarks of a service pack without actually fixing stuff.

And overt simplification would be to call Windows 8.1 blue a Service pack for Windows 8. However seeing as Microsoft did not go out of its way to fix the issues on windows 8 / Server 2012 its pretty easy to call 8.1 a revision of an ugly pig. I feel this new strategy to release an Operating system on a 1 year time table rather then a cycle will be detrimental for Microsoft. At this point seeing as 8.1 has new keys as well as a few new license features that tie it with the Windows RT API its pretty easy to see the future.

I personally don't see the worth on the corporate side to go from 8.0 to 8.1

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's the way how you see it as customer (?) while MS will see it a lot different! In fact, it's no wonder that MS is tighten the whole Licensing and Activation scheme and process seeing on Forums like MDL and other Warez Sites how easy it were in the past OS's to to bypass the need of buying and License! That this is disturbing for legal users is without doubt! And I agree that nobody like that. But if you were in Software Development Business, you would have an understanding for the developers action. It's a question of Fairness, objectivity and understanding you accept or not such action of the developer.
    One more bad outcome in this period of time, is that the PC Market is on it's way down with very strong competition and also not very fair (not to tell very unfair!) action's from competitors.
    Imagine, if Apple would be on MS place and MS on Apple place: How the Market would look like? Wouldn't it be:
    • a very tight and bound Hard- and Software market to Apple product's only!
    • Much more expensive Hard and Software
    • Much less available Software
    • and, and, and, that list would be nearly endless!!

I'm not related in any means to Microsoft or any other Software developer, I just try to be fair and objective.

9. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    You haven't done anything yet. The key you have used is leaked in the internet and it will blacklisted in no time. Just be careful about using your Microsoft account in you Windows 8.1

Thanks

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    It is of course the advanced version of windows 8 with bugs not seen in windows 8. For all the bad name that it has got, I have used win 8 and found it to be very solid and reliable.

11. john23

john23 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2013
    lol, MSDNAA take it easy mate;).

12. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    It is not my cup of tea. It is all yours. Remember Microsoft are not like When Vista / 7 was launched. It is just a warning from me. I know nothing more or less about Microsoft and their recent activities about the piracy.

13. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Spot on even though i do not like MS

14. john23

john23 MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2013
    #14 john23, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Ok MSDNAA, I understood your point and I guess you are an MSDN subscriber, so it may not be a pleasant experience for them and let me withdraw my activation screenshot. Thanks