Activate a pre-install OEM license Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by clapet93, Sep 27, 2011.

1. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Hello all ! Firstly I am sorry for this thread if i have not post in the right place and secondly I am sorry from my bad English.
    Here is my problem:
    In about two days shall i get a new Laptop HP DV7-6185US from USA and will come with an Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1. I need a DVD to reinstall Windows when I want with a clean install and I have downloaded a MSDN copy of Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 because is a untouched version but I know that this version will not work with my key sticker (OCA) and if will work with the key i cannot activate them.
    From reading this forum i have learned that is a file named ei.cfg that i need to change Channel from Retail to OEM but I am not sure if this will work at all. Probably I need a folder called $OEM$ with some files but i am not sure.
    I need a clean DVD with only needed files to complete activation process with my key..Here is a photo with iso that i have downloaded from MSDN.
    If some of you can help me with this problem i will be very happy ! Good Day !

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    #2 stream, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Yeah, I know this metod but I want to activate with my OEM SLP key. You know...I want a traditional metod..Loader will be my last try.. Tanks anyway !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Thank you man ! You are awesome ! I will try this metod !...another question: One of my friend recently have installed windows and he cannot activate with her key Windows 7 Starter (Netbook) He has a "special little partion" called some like this "System OEM Reserved". What should do? The only way is "Loader" ? Tank you once again !

5. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Yes he reinstall Windows 7 Starter SP1. He has a Acer Aspire One D255. Tank you for making time for my problems !

6. stream

stream MDL Member

Nov 5, 2010
    #6 stream, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
    If you are particular about using your key, then it's fine.

But your words ''...Loader will be my last try...'' seem to suggest that the loader cracks every machine it is used on. :eek:

If this is so, you are mistaken! :(

It first checks your BIOS for a valid OEM SLIC (SLP 2.1) which is needed to preactivate win 7.

If it finds one, it DOES NOT crack your win 7 installation.

It ONLY installs a matching certificate & key identical to the one that already exists on your machine.

I have used it on more than 10 factory-fresh laptops without any problem whatsoever! :cool:

7. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Yes. I know that Loader is a very handy application and I used too for long time but in my problem I am more "perfectionist" if you know what i mean..Tank you for you help and once more "Loader is a vrey handy and clean application" !

8. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    It was a clean install.. by formatting HDD Now partitions is like this:
    1. OEM Reserved Partition
    2. System Reserved 100 MB os some like this.
    3. Local C:
    4. Local D:

9. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    This things should be done after a clean install or now? Tank you !

10. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    #10 clapet93, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    (OP)
    aha..ok I understand now..I dont think that Ultimate version has enought benefits to make me to upgrade. I better remain to my "original" activation key OCA Sticker..
    Two more question:
    1. If I backup activation of my Original pre-installed Windows Home Premium x64 it will work with MSDN copy (of course Home Premium x64) because MSDN copy is "Retail" ?
    2. When I install fresh copy MSDN and ask me for key I should use the key from back of machine (OCA Sticker if I am right) or is need to use a standard 30-day key?
    Many Thanks !

11. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    I have a new question for you but i cannot post right now because i don't have a minimum of 20 posts ! Watch out in this thread because i come back with an edit :)

12. clapet93

clapet93 MDL Novice

Sep 27, 2011
    Of course. How stupid I was..What is your opinion about this tool:h t t p://vdhout.nl/20100522/ Is like Advanced Tokens Manager ?

13. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Last I checked Daz's loader would automatically, if not manually, install the key and certificate if your BIOS had matching SLIC 2.1, and not the loader bootcode itself as it's not necessary.

If you wish to activate using CoA key (off the sticker on the PC) you cannot activate online, and must activate via phone. It should be an automated process. You give your code, they'll give you a return code.