Activate DIMM Sockets Gigabyte GAP31DS3L Please Help

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Amdel, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Amdel

Amdel MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2014
    #1 Amdel, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Hello guys i have a problem with this motherboard(ok just realized i cant post links till i have 20 posts.But please if you want to help me you just have to go to Gigabyte oficial page and look for GAP31DS3L mobo)
    I have 2x2GB Kingston RAM modules installed on yellow DIMM sockets but only one of these appears to work, i've tested both RAM modules in DIMMyellowsocket1 and both work on this one, system runs correctly with 2GB each time and both RAM modules have passed memtestx86, so the problem is DIMMyellowsocket2.
    System wont run if i install RAM on red sockets, but i have never used those modules so i guess i have to activate them
    My question is ,how can i activate those red RAM sockets? I've check BIOS many times and i cant find any option to enable RAM sockets,should i update BIOS FIRMWARE?
    Thank you very much.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Amdel

Amdel MDL Novice

Oct 18, 2014
    Thanks for being so fast answering:worthy:, but i dont understand what does it mean with double-sided memory modules, anyways its so weird to me to heard that because apparently for no reason, one of the yellowsockets stopped working but it did work well for few years