Activate Vista Ultimate - Acer Aspire 4930

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mzairy72, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mzairy72

mzairy72 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Hi,

I'm a newbie here, can someone tell me how to activate Vista using WOW method. My Vista now asking for activation and telling me it's not a genuine copy. Previously activated using Vistaloader, now not working anymore.

Thanks.

2. Novox

Novox MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2008
    #2 Novox, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
    What do you mean previously? Have you ever activated Aspire 4930 before? If yes, why it is inactivated now?

I owned Aspire 4930 too, but unfortunately I can't activated it at all. Still don't know how to active it. I have tried all activated tool Vista Boot loader 3.0.0.1, WoW6, and manually add cert and key nut it doesn't work.

I have used Everest to look at ACPI in motherboard. It doesn't has SLIC table, maybe this is the issue that why I can't activate Vista.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    This is, indeed, the reason you cannot activate Vista with a cert and serial.

The OP was previously activated with a vistaloader and it was deactivated by M$ update. You will need to remove all softcracks and vistaloaders before trying WOW or bios mod. Sometimes this means repairing the MBR.

I do not know which bios you two have, but if it cannot be modded with a Slic, then you will have to use the WOW patch. You may need a fresh install after the vistaloader stuff..Just FYI.:D:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mzairy72

mzairy72 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2008
    Thanks for the advice, will try soonest possible.

5. danspy

danspy MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2009
    Dis Crack doesn't work on Vista Sp1 on my 4930.:(