Activate Win 8.1 Update 2014 using Win 8.1 keys

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by xakerz, Feb 19, 2014.

1. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Hello guys :)
    I have Windows 8.1 activated by phone. I wrote down my key, first part of numbers which is my ID and Confirmation ID which I got from phone bot :) Will I be able to use this information to activate Windows 8.1 Update 2014?

2. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    It should not be necessary to activate again if you install the next update to an already activated Windows 8.1.

3. bodmas

bodmas MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    there is less chance that you will get the same installation ID on your next clean install with the same CD Key. Please note that if your Cd Key is retail one legally purchased then you can use it to activate online or via phone many times without problem but if your Cd key is taken from public forum/sites then there is likely chance that the said cd key has already been activated with its maximum limit so you can't use it to activate your windows online or via phone activation.

4. bharath5211

bharath5211 MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    I have tried that it works use the same key u will get the same installation ID and enter the activation code.. It works Fine

5. xakerz

xakerz MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2014
    Thanks guys. A few day ago I re-installed my Win 8.1 and it was activated successfully with my key and acivation/confirmation ID. I thought may be new Win 8.1 Update 2014 will have any issues with activation :)