Activate windows 7 ultimate on dell latitude d820

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CVT_Global_Leaver, Oct 24, 2009.

?

Do you like this article ?

Poll closed Jan 22, 2010.
  1. LIKE

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. DON'T LIKE

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. CVT_Global_Leaver

CVT_Global_Leaver MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2009
    ACTIVATION WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE ON DELL LATITUDE D820 CAN BE DONE

I came here to find out how to INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE 32 BIT for my 3 YEARS OLD DELL LATITUDE D820. After so many activation attempts, I FINALLY GOT IT LICENSED AS IT SHOULD BE. ( :D very proud ) . I decided to write this article for DELL LATITUDE OWNERS out there who wants to upgrade to WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE but do not want to do much digging around.

PREPARATION:

• DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE RTM BUILD
      7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
      This is the lastest and final from MICROSOFT TO THIS DATE. I do not know
      any other versions will work with this activation process.

• DOWNLOAD the modified version D820_A09_SLIC of the BIOS.
      This version will have SLIC 2.1 required for 7LOADER.
      Dell released SLIC 2.0 version on their web site, this will not allow you to active your WINDOWS 7.

This is the file name which I found somewhere in this awesome forum "DELL_Latitude_D820-DELL-A09.rar"
      Search for it boys. I don't want to go back to get the link

• DOWNLOAD Windows 7Loader By Orbit30 & Hazar Build 1.4 (Released August 12, 2009). The file name is "7Loader 1.4.exe"
      I attached the screenshot of the software below.

STEPS TO ACTIVATE:
    1. YOU need to flash your bios with the program D820_A09_SLIC.EXE.
      Dell DO NOT ALLOW to flash without BATTERY so go to find your battery and plug it in.
      After you run the flash program , the laptop will restart automatically.
      SIT AND WAIT FOR PC TO RESTART. You might see short time of BLACK OUT.
    2. THEN You can pop your WIN7 DVD in and happily install your WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE. SKIP THE SERIAL KEY PART, JUST CARRY ON . YOU DON'T HAVE TO PUT ANYTHING THERE

• After complete installation. Run "7Loader 1.4.exe" and
      • CLICK ON SLIC 2.1 IN BIOS. WAIT TO SELECT "DELL" CERTIFICATE.
        THE FIRST DELL. THERE ARE 2 DELL CERTIFICATE IN THERE.
      • THEN CLICK ON "Install 7 Loader" and wait for a few minutes. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR LICENSE KEY POP UP
      • YOU CAN CHECK "ACTIVATION STATUS" AFTER ALL TO SEE YOUR RESULT

3. FINALLY INSTALL YOUR VISTA DRIVERS. XP DRIVERS WON'T WORK ON WIN 7. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM DELL WEBSITE.
      MOST DRIVERS WE NEED COME WITH WINDOWS 7 EXCEPT GRAPHIC DRIVER. COOL? :cool:
    ENJOY YOUR WINDOWS 7. MICROSOFT , I LIKE YOU SO MUCH. :D
    If you need any help, drop me a line.

Attached Files:

2. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Cannot understand why you have flash mod BIOS with SLIC 2.1 and RTM version but activating your Win7 with loader??? OEM SLP Key + Certificate is much more simple and permanent.

3. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    I think he has just used the loader to install the certificate and oem slp key instead of going into command prompt and doing the commands. Either way works I guess :p

Not sure why he made this thread though, most people here know exactly how to do this :/

4. un49iven

un49iven MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    I see no sense in this post... there are tonnes of other posts with the same instructions... and the Official Repository thread already explains things... step by step....

In short, anyone with half a brain will not need this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MrFerretKing

MrFerretKing MDL Member

Aug 25, 2009
    ^^^ and why do you need a poll to see if someone likes what you searched for and retyped into a new thread.

I can't say I am glad you figured out how to do it because I would be further enabling your "seeking approval by others" issue.

You knew you could do it, just have a little more self confidence. :D

Good luck with the new OS though. Have fun

Mfk