Activated but want to activate slic 2.1 OEM style again?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FattysGoneWild, May 30, 2010.

1. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Here is the deal. I ended up using the sticker on the side of my new pc to do a clean install of WIN7 about 3 months ago. I had to use the phone automated activation at the time which activated fine. This was before I knew how to backup the key and cert. The pc came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. It is a Compaq. But came with all the HP bloatware. Runs so much better with a clean install. Any ways. I would like to get Ultimate on here with out doing a reinstall. Can I use Daz loader to install key and cert.? Then after that. Use the Ultimate OEM upgrade key. Or would it cause a big activation issue since I am already activated using another key?

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    If you have 2.1 slic then yes just install the cert and key in options and advanced options then Do anytime upgrade with OEM SLP Ultimate key

You could have also just installed the RTM in "repo" which is also set to install Ultimate...lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FattysGoneWild

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks TS. I will give it a try. Just wanted to make sure it would be fine since 7 seems to be so sensitive with activation.

4. FattysGoneWild

Mar 7, 2010
    I forgot to ask the most important part. Should I deactivate since it is a legit key? Or just go ahead and install cert/key with Daz loader while being activated?