Activated but with many problems.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Machinest, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Machinest

Machinest MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    #1 Machinest, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    Activated but with many problems. DFI

I figured out how to get activated, then I started having the problems of hanging up, stuck shut downs and would not boot sometimes.

Is it suggested to install my mobo drivers even though there wasn't any explication marks in device manage?

Or should I try a different bios driver?

dfi lp dk 790fx-m2rs
    D7LD422 Bios

2. Gonzakpo

Gonzakpo MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread :p

3. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    Did you mod the bios, downloaded an already modded one or do you use a loader? How did you activate it? Did you install any frakenstein-build stuff?

4. Machinest

Machinest MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    I had the latest bios from DFI modded by a fellow here.

Long story short. I am activated.

Just wondering if I should try maybe a earlier bios, use DFI's drivers, or could it be the modded bios is not good?

5. DKnight2066

DKnight2066 MDL Junior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    #5 DKnight2066, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    You may want to go into your BIOS and reset all settings to Factory Default, then reboot. See if things boot/shut down properly, and that the programs you normally run don't crash/hang.

If you still have issues, check on new drivers for your Motherboard, Sound Card, and Video Card. If any of those three drivers aren't talking nicely with Win7, anything could happen.

If all that fails, run a Memory Test on your RAM to see if it's going bad. If a RAM chip is about to die, you can hang during startup or shut down, plus have Windows be slow (in general) and crash programs at random.

Keep us posted on what you try,and the results. :)

--DKnight

EDIT: Secr9tos did make a very good point:

--If you previously used "activator" programs to try and activate Win7, they can replace your RTM-version files for activation, with RC-version ones. This has been proven to lead to a number of issues down the road, even with a properly modded BIOS, plus legit Cert+Key. If you haven't tried any Activators though, ignore this part of my post. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Machinest

Machinest MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Just to kinda make it known this win 7 is on a separate drive all to itself just for this testing.

Currently the modded bios is running great along with XP and no issues so that should rule out bad memory and bios.

Since I do have this on a separate drive and not worried about losing my anything important I may try the mobo drivers and then a earlier bios, what the hell.

This is like testing a satellite receiver.:)

7. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Just a note(something BusyKid508 mentioned to me) you don't want to go flashing your BIOS too often - might lead to issues or even brick it.

8. Machinest

Machinest MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2009
    Oh I already had a total black out. Couldn't even boot bios.

However this DFI mobo has a jumper or also a special boot technique you can us to reset the bios.

9. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Nice job blackout more! At least ya got a way to bring it back to life :cool: