Activating already installed non genuine xp sp3

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by winstonace, Apr 11, 2010.

1. winstonace

winstonace MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
    Hello
    following your guides I modified the DMI with HP SLP 1.0
    than I used OEMBIOS CHANGER to install the appropriate OEMBIOS.*
    now what?
    I still can't get windows to accept any serial
    (I'm in a situation where it's says that I have to insert key, I can't really access windows, it logs off if I don't choose to activate online)
    help?

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Oembios changer should have added key try booting in safe mode i,e press F8 when machine is booting.

3. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Yes, tested and activated. MGADiag.exe proved Genuine.
    But what I concern is the key, it's not matching the oembios set I chose.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. winstonace

winstonace MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
    I wish
    in MGADiag it shows OEM-SLP (but unactivated)
    but still every time I log In to windows the only option I have is to activate online (which of course doesn't work) or to log off
    I checked with XPKEYVIEWER and the key is HP OEM which is right and the DMI shows HP
    unfortunely safe mode isn't working, It's stuck on Mup.sys (although normal boot works fine)
    maybe I just reinstall it with my XP PRO VLK (which is legit) and get it over
    I'm just doing a favor to someone and thought I'll find easier/faster solution than reinstalling windows
    unless someone have more suggestions?

5. winstonace

winstonace MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
  6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    are you sure you used correct oembios files i,e,

7. winstonace

winstonace MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2009
    yes
    and the key that was inserted also match hp
    (as you can see by the end of it on MGADIAG)

8. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #8 blackranger, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    the pid number is wrong it should end -OEM-0011903-00106

10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #12 911medic, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010

These are not the entries on the dmi, these are simply the OEMBIOS files that will work with the "single" string of Hewlett-Packard.

For clarification, the Oembios.exe does not necessarily show the string in the DMI, only the files that will work with the string it finds..

To say you have Hewlett-packard and HP&Compaq strings in your DMI from the tattoo disk is a misunderstanding of the process involved. Removing the "single"string will make it impossible to activate.

These three CRC of OEMBIOS files will activate with the Hewlett-Packard String. You only have one string if you used the tattoo disk.

Install the VLK without serial (or with if it is SP2), then use the OEMBIOS changer with only the OEMBIOS files and no other (pidgen, dcpdll, Etc)

Use the CRC32 CD4E1902 with the slp Hewlett-Packard for best results. (this set activates if any one of the following are present..
    Compaq, Hewlett, HP Pavilion,0r Hewlett-Packard.)

The tool will back up the present OEMBIOS, pidgen, dcpdll, and serial befoer you change for quick revert if you like...

PS....I am very glad you worked it out...it really is very simple once you get the hang of how it works..