Activating an SBS 2003 virtualized Server

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Seelbreaker, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2013
    Hey guys, i hope that you can help me.

Due to the Hardware Problems we had to migrate an SBS 2003 into an vmWare ESXi 5.1 Infrastructure and now have the Problem, that the SBS won't activate because it is telling (this info is from the activation hotline) that the Key is wrong or invalid.

As far is i know (just asked my colleague which is in vacation) the key was an OEM Key which was applied on the hardware of the physical mashine.

I know that i can attach in the vmx-line oem-bios files and i would like to know if i could use the 2003 BIOS Files which are posted in the sticky to get the activation running or if you could provide me with any other way to get it working because my colleague told me that the server will only run 2 days (it seems he delayed the activation 3 times...) before it is going to stop working...

Regards
    Seelbreaker

2. b166er

b166er MDL Junior Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Did you get an answer?
    Basically, you need to make sure the OEM id is in the VM BIOS, which is ESXi for you.
    The three things required are, the OEM name present in the BIOS, the OEMBIOS files for the OEM name and the Product Key.
    You would probably have more luck getting an answer for this in the Virtualisation forum.