Activating WHS in Hyper V

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Pinknoise, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    I have a 2008 R2 Server (SP1) running Hyper V.

As per this thread

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/10157-SLP-1.0-activation-in-Hyper-V?p=149930#post149930

I modded a WHS install disc with the DELL (OEMBIOS CRC=99735910) cert files and tried to activate in Hyper V. No Joy. Any suggestions?

Disc was modded as per instructions and files here.

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/25428-Convert-Windows-Home-Server-PP3-Trial-to-OEM

WHS installs perfectly and asks for a product key for activation, which is where I think i'm going wrong. Can any one send me the correct key, or if that is banned on the forums post the last few characters so at least I will know if any of the keys I tried are correct.

I believe I modded the disc correctly as my last WHS install was done in a similar way with the HP bios tattoo tool.

My other thought about it was that since that original post about Hyper V in 2009 the SLP in the bios of Hyper V has changed, if so can someone point me in the direction of modding it. I have searched the forums and found loads of mods fopr SLIC 2.1 but few for SLP 1.0 mods on the latest hyper v.

Thanks

2. Pinknoise

Pinknoise MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    Sorry, my mistake. I should have stated that its WHS (V1), so SLP 1.0 needed.

I would use 2011 but drive extender is too awesome to do without.