Activating Windows 10/8.1 Using KMS Tool

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pendell, May 17, 2016.

1. pendell

pendell MDL Novice

May 15, 2016
    I've been browsing the KMS Tools subforum for awhile now, trying to figure out a clear tool and straightforward process for activating a Windows 10/8.1 installation. Nothing is clear at all.
    I'm not exactly a tech genius but I consider myself above average. But none of this makes any sense. So there are multiple tools for doing the same thing. Why? And on some they say you need extra components, like something called WinDivert or a TAP driver? I don't know what either of those are.
    Also, you need to have the VL edition of the software from the start? But... with a certain piece of software you can convert Office Retail to a VL edition...
    And with some software you need to input an IP address for the KMS server? What Ip address? Does it matter?

Nothing is explained in any detail and this makes me too anxious to even attempt to use the software. I'd like it if there was a straightforward yet detailed guide on how to activate Windows 10/8.1 using one of the KMS tools available.

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #2 Enthousiast, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    KMSpico and MTK for example are as straightforward as they can be.

3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Maybe you are above average user but an bad reader :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Microsoft Toolkit is very easy to use. Just download and run it. You will see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Use Ms toolkit and click the green eazy activator button.

One mouse click doesn't sound as rocket science to me;)

6. craftbrewer

craftbrewer MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    yeh I wondered that. I consider my self not tech savy BUT above average, and it all makes sense to me, and I ask some pretty dumb questions at times.

If you don't understand WHY???????, I doubt explaining it is going to be of any use, it will go in one ear and out the other

7. Kim Jong-Un

Kim Jong-Un MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2015
    Get Microsoft Toolkit, then open it, press EZ-activate, it will select the appropriate localhost bypass method. You don't have to worry about anything. But remember to whitelist C:\Windows\AutoKMS in your antivirus.