activating windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by outcastc, Feb 21, 2010.

1. outcastc

outcastc MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    my friends has samsung r620 i updated bios which has slic v2.1. he already installed windows 7 ultimate x64 and activated it using win7loader. i try to remove crack and install samsung xrm-ms. but when i try to install oem product key it is not accepted. what can be the problem. do i need to format pc for activation. thanks

2. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Which win7loader it is. Check slic and certificate status using vista7 slic ldr or SLIC dump tookit. Then one can answer your problem.

3. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    #3 venu, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    You need to check whether the loader has been successfully removed. Reboot and check windows activation status in cpl>system>scroll to bottom. It should be unactivated.
    Then make sure that you have SLIC2.1 in your bios using the SLIC Dump toolkit. The SLIC brand must match the cert. Install the cert using the command slmgr -ilc <path to cert> in the command prompt (Run as admin). Wait till it says successfully installed.
    Then install the correct OEM key with the command slmgr -ipk <key> again in the command prompt as admin. Wait till it says successfully installed.
    If everything goes well, your system should be activated now.

4. outcastc

outcastc MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2009
    (solved) i formatted his pc and activation works :)) thanks for help